Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a plug in and forget it tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 08:58 PM
T Man
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Is there a plug in and forget it tuner?

With my metrics I had a cobra power pro tuner, plug it in and that's it. I've read about the FP3 and the auto tune process, but does a tuner for HD exist that you literally just plug in and walk away which will autotune?

Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,364 Likes on 2,619 Posts

Sure, its called a Power Pro tuner for your Harley:

http://www.cobrausa-hd.com/h_d_bagge...el_management/

But "just plug it in" can be more complex than you might expect.

You can get a TTS Mastertune, or a Dynojet/Fuel Moto Target Tune, depending on the device, you need to remove/replace O2 sensors, or your ECM, etc

Last edited by Keithhu; 09-01-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 PM
T Man
Road Captain
Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

I will look into the cobra power pro for my road King, I loved it on my Honda Stateline. The website for cobra in Canada must be different because I didn't see one for the the HD's.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Uncle Paul
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Closest thing to a plug and play is the XIED fuel enricher.

No adjustments.

Old 09-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 545 Posts

I'm a big fan of planning for the future, even if you don't know what the future will entail for your Harley.

A Power Commander V from Fuel Moto, pre-mapped by them to your specific mods, is plug and play, and forget. Then, a year down the road when you decide to add cams or whatever, you can call Fuel Moto and they'll email you a new map for the new mods.

Future-proof...!

Old 09-01-2016, 10:05 PM
harkon
Road Captain
Received 145 Likes on 106 Posts

The Dynojet PowerVision from FuelMoto is just an extra step. They send it pre-loaded with a custom tune for your mods and you plug it into the ECU, download the tune, and then put it back in its box for when you further modify your bike. Nothing stays with the bike unless you choose to keep it there. A FP3 from FuelMoto is probably about the same deal. Auto tuning really isn't required if FuelMoto loads the map. Great company to work with in my experience.

Old 09-02-2016, 02:52 AM
Dynamick
Not a Moderator!
Received 6,659 Likes on 3,224 Posts

Originally Posted by T Man
I will look into the cobra power pro for my road King, I loved it on my Honda Stateline. The website for cobra in Canada must be different because I didn't see one for the the HD's.
I had a PowrPro on my Road King when it was in a Stage One state, and it worked well. A little more power, ran cooler, not much fuel mileage penalty.

Cheapest place to get them in Canada is probably FortNine (formerly Canada's Motorcycle).

Old 09-02-2016, 06:32 AM
TwoBlue02
Road Captain
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

I had the same thought process. I am sure I could get better mileage/performance with a feature rich tuner but did not want to bother with it. I got a Fuel Moto Micro - all pre programmed for my last bike and had no problems with plug and play. I have another sitting in a box beside me that will be installed this weekend on my new to me 2010

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-19...ASSIC%20FLHTCU

Old 09-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Magnut1
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,681 Likes on 824 Posts

I like my thundermax w/autotune. It has one more step than plug and play. Of course you have to have a header with 18mm bungs. Step one: Unbox and replace the factory ECM, Step two: Remove 12mm O2's and install 18mm O2's, Step three: connect laptop and click - download your base map. Step four: Ride. In a few miles it will auto-tune and smooth out.

The best thing is you are done. You can swap intake, mufflers, cams, etc. and the auto-tune will take care of the rest. I have had 3 thundermax and like that feature of the autotune.

Old 09-02-2016, 07:30 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 820 Likes on 527 Posts

I getting my flame suit on, but here goes!

Maybe I drank too much of the TTS Kool-Aid....

But, from What knowledge I have learned and read. AIN'T such a thing as "Auto-tune"! (Marketing propaganda)

YB

Quick Reply: Is there a plug in and forget it tuner?