Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 03:32 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain
Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
Default Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review

** First the 7 in the title should be a & symbol but I cant edit it **

I have owned probably 15 different combinations of exhaust systems over my years of owning bikes and riding. So definitely not new to exhaust systems lol......

For the purchase----
So like the title says i bought the 2-1 road and track a few weeks ago. It was shipped out the next day and arrived within a couple days by fedex. When it arrives it was boxed and packed better than my OCD *** would pack it myself. During this time i also requested a map from them for my pv2 witch i had within 72 hrs.

Fit and Finish----
The fitment of the head pipe was just out rite awesome. For a 2-1 pipe it went on easier than any exhaust i ever putt on b4. I had it installed and flanges on and torqued in about 3 min. The thing that i really liked was the welding on the darn thing is flat out awesome. I by all means dont consider myself a welder but I am pretty good at it and would love to be able to weld like this. Lastly is the quality of the chrome plating. Well like the rest of my review its is good as one would expect.

Sound ----
It truely has a sound of it own, and never heard anything come close to it. I have looked all over the internet for videos of good sound clips, and really couldn't find any that represents this system accurately. I myself have tried but it just comes out inaccurate to the point where i wont even post the vid / audio clip.

Here are some pics of the packing and finished product along with some videos of me testing the system out.

Attached Thumbnails Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review-1c4682cf-8820-4e39-ba30-36de25c8cc4e.jpg   Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review-f431ebad-e200-4c10-a337-77dcb383b497.jpg   Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review-img_1147.jpg   Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review-c142fb19-9832-45c6-89dc-d150d9ee7e23.jpg  

Last edited by chrisg81983; 01-03-2017 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Posted new videos in original post.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:53 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Sounds like ur pretty damn happy

Old 11-29-2016, 07:33 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

Originally Posted by decencyxdefied
Sounds like ur pretty damn happy
Hell yeah I couldn't be happier. Even the exhaust port gaskets we're great to install. The only thing I wish I can do is get you guys an accurate sound clip. I will keep working on it and we will see what I come up with.

Old 11-29-2016, 08:50 AM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I really wanted this pipe, but wanted 1 with a ghost. I ended up with the D&D Billet Cat and so far the sound is great. I do love dealing with Fuel Moto though. Awesome people and products for sure.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:13 AM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Blue Tick
I really wanted this pipe, but wanted 1 with a ghost. I ended up with the D&D Billet Cat and so far the sound is great. I do love dealing with Fuel Moto though. Awesome people and products for sure.
Origionally went with d&d a couple years back for the ghost pipe as well. This time around i wanted something different and tried this out, and glad i did. Believe it or not i kinda like the look of 1 muffler now. In the end they are both awesome systems.

Old 11-29-2016, 09:23 AM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Yeah but how does it run??

Old 11-29-2016, 11:47 AM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

Ive been looking for a different head pipe lately and I like this one also. Wish someone around me had one to listen to in person. Would you say its louder than a fat cat? Deeper?

Just a side note: I have read people with these pipes talking about how good the welds are, I was a union welder for over 20 yrs. I welded underwater and then top side, nuclear plants, chip plants, breweries, etc. Those welds are fine Im sure for a exhaust pipe,no pressure, but if you look at the bead on the collector its crooked, fit was off Im guessing. Some spots got hot, probably from pausing. Puddle got hot, then the welder sped up. 2 ways to tell if the weld is 100%, Xray test or bend test.
I am in no way bashing the pipe and it is on my short list.Once again, not bashing the pipe.

Old 11-29-2016, 12:48 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Ive been looking for a different head pipe lately and I like this one also. Wish someone around me had one to listen to in person. Would you say its louder than a fat cat? Deeper? Just a side note: I have read people with these pipes talking about how good the welds are, I was a union welder for over 20 yrs. I welded underwater and then top side, nuclear plants, chip plants, breweries, etc. Those welds are fine Im sure for a exhaust pipe,no pressure, but if you look at the bead on the collector its crooked, fit was off Im guessing. Some spots got hot, probably from pausing. Puddle got hot, then the welder sped up. 2 ways to tell if the weld is 100%, Xray test or bend test. I am in no way bashing the pipe and it is on my short list.Once again, not bashing the pipe.
I had a FatCat with the Performance baffle on a previous bike, my baby boy has a FatCat on his softail, and we just installed this exhaust on my oldest sons 16 SGS. My FatCat was a lot louder but got annoying rather quickly on long rides. The R&T is louder than the FatCat on my sons Softail but it's a deep loud. Very deep tone when you crack the throttle but quietens down nicely when out on the slab cruising. It's loud enough to be heard by others at cruising speeds but not overbearing to the rider. Kinda the best of both worlds.
Like the D&D, the R&T has its own unique sound that nothing else on the market compares to. You either like it or you don't.
I will agree with the OP in that no YouTube video that I've seen does this exhaust any justice at all.

The following users liked this post:
chrisg81983 (12-02-2016)
Old 11-29-2016, 01:53 PM
chrisg81983
Road Captain

Originally Posted by eaglefan1
Ive been looking for a different head pipe lately and I like this one also. Wish someone around me had one to listen to in person. Would you say its louder than a fat cat? Deeper?

Just a side note: I have read people with these pipes talking about how good the welds are, I was a union welder for over 20 yrs. I welded underwater and then top side, nuclear plants, chip plants, breweries, etc. Those welds are fine Im sure for a exhaust pipe,no pressure, but if you look at the bead on the collector its crooked, fit was off Im guessing. Some spots got hot, probably from pausing. Puddle got hot, then the welder sped up. 2 ways to tell if the weld is 100%, Xray test or bend test.
I am in no way bashing the pipe and it is on my short list.Once again, not bashing the pipe.

I know exactly what you are saying about xray testing a weld i actually used to work with a guy back in the day and that was our job. we used to inspect all steam pipes and so forth. I was talking 4 exhaust standards they are better than I ever would expect.

for sound i had the d&d with the loud baffle it was preforated with no packing. loudness they are about equal but the jackpot has a much richer sound. its deeper with more of a pop to it.

performance is awesome it increased lows and mids over my 2-2 setup and feels the same up top. In situations where I needed to downshift prior to the 2-1 is no longer needed.

of course this is all observations by the seat of my pants and I'm sure if this thing was put on a dyno like my prior setup there would be larger increase in performance. What I need to do is run a few Auto-Tune sessions and see if it makes a difference.

Old 11-29-2016, 03:13 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,134 Likes on 763 Posts

IF FM name is on it Im sure it performs extremely well.
Sound is so subjective so ......Someone PLEASE make a video of this pipe outside, idling and pulling away. I can't spend that kind of money on a pipe with out hearing it, just can't do it.
I have a S&S 106 kit at the house gathering dust while I get everything I need for it.

Quick Reply: Fuel moto jackpot 2-1 road 7 track review