Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detach Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 06:06 PM
Fasha
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update

Okay, so I returned to the dealership today and spoke with one of the parts guys, explained what I had try to do and what I wanted to do and provided the information you guys shared with me. While having the conversation with him, the parts manager came up and joined in. As it turns out, the kit they sold me will work, and I was given incorrect information. It turns out, that the dealership decided not involve themselves in any add-on that involves cutting wire. Therefore, they will not install these detach kits....

So I have two options, first one, I will call another dealership in my area and ask them if they are willing to install this detach kit, if so, I will have them do it and be done with it. Option 2, and armed with the link to the thread created by UltraKla$$icUltraKla$$ic, I'm going to attempt this myself. I'm pretty handing with wire cutters (HAM radio operator) and I like the clean look his work demonstrates. If Im reading the instructions correctly on this kit, its basically removing a one piece bracket, that connects the tour-pak to the fender and replacing that one bracket with two, and handling the separating of the wires. Please correct if Im wrong.

Thanks to everyone for your input and any advice you may share with me doing this myself.

Old 04-30-2017, 09:12 PM
Outlawsrnr
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take pics and let us know how it goes I have an 05 I want to do this to.

The following users liked this post:
Fasha (05-02-2017)