Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Coverage

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 05:47 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 690 Likes on 465 Posts

Twisted go and read the fine print and the wheel and tire has limits and max tow is $100.00, Max wheel $300.00 . And you may have to pay your service bill if your claim
is not processed before your bike is done.Not as good as the Harley one. I just paid $2,200
for seven year with tire and wheel. Also the discount has a limit on rental and Hotel.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:10 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

Originally Posted by tbob
Twisted go and read the fine print and the wheel and tire has limits and max tow is $100.00, Max wheel $300.00 . And you may have to pay your service bill if your claim
is not processed before your bike is done.Not as good as the Harley one. I just paid $2,200
for seven year with tire and wheel. Also the discount has a limit on rental and Hotel.
Interesting they tote it as being directly comparable, I will read it all before taking the plunge but biting the bullet for what the dealers around here want for theirs is going to be a tough sell and I carry AAA prem. for the towing anyway.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:43 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

I do understand and I asked questions to my local dealers. I just felt safer with knowing
a Harley dealer will hands down accept it and that is probably where I'm going if I brake down.As I get older I hate loops and games.

Old 02-18-2018, 06:49 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,922 Likes on 17,475 Posts

I do understand and I asked questions to my local dealers. I just felt safer with knowing
a Harley dealer will hands down accept it and that is probably where I'm going if I brake down.As I get older I hate loops and games.
I hate their blatant price gouging and looking at you like your a clueless rube who just fell off the turnip truck. I'll spend the money but at least give a guy a reach around with a smile while your dry holing him you know.

The following users liked this post:
tbob (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

That is so true!

Old 02-18-2018, 08:13 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
It's insurance. Why insurer a hobby?
It is insurance and, as such, a gamble.
But to answer your question, because this hobby's main piece of equipment is terribly expensive and can be prone to very expensive repairs.
My 5 year policy (HD ESP) paid out in the neighborhood of $8000.00 before it expired. And I don't have ABS nor the complicated electronics introduced in the 14 models.
I think I won that bet...

Last edited by ORradtech; 02-18-2018 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2018, 06:19 AM
30glock
Road Warrior
Received 335 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by bike_r_trash
Paid less than $2k for HD extended overage at purchase of my 17 Limited. Covers the bike for a total of 7 years. You may be paying more for coverage of a "used" bike and I know the coverage costs a little more if you don't buy it on day one. Your quote sounds high.
Wrong, as long as you purchase the coverage before factory expires the cost is the same.

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
One of the forum sponsors is a ESP dealer and they are 1/3 less than the dealers bullshit for the same coverage. Many members use them and I'm buying later this spring.https://www.discountesp.com/esc
I just purchased the ESP from Jim Palmer, It covers 1,100 parts same as factory coverage, I purchased it just before my factory expired 7 year plan for half the price HD wanted.

Wrong! If you have OEM wheels, you are covered, Max is for non OEM wheels, I didn't purchase tire and wheel, If my wheel were to get damaged my Insurance carrier will pick that up.

HD ESP is sold by a private Insurance carrier like any other, most think it's owned and operated by HD, Harley Davidson is the gate keeper and decides if your going to be covered for any claims.

Discount ESP works exactly the same as HD, If you bring your bike in for service, they must call for approval before starting work, no difference from HD coverage they must also call for approval.

I have called several HD dealerships before purchasing, told them I had the discount ESP coverage and would they except that, 3 dealers never heard of It and 2 recognized it, but they all gave the same answer, they didn't care who paid them as long as the bill got paid.

Discount ESP is sold by Boardtracker HD, a reputable dealership known in the biker community, they use to sell the HD coverage across state lines at a huge discount, lots of Dealerships complained to the Mothership about unfair practices and HD put a stop to that practice. They can now only sell you the HD coverage if your in their dealership.

So Discount ESP is their big F.U. to the mothership. Bottom line it's your money spend it as you like.

Jim palmer is a member on these forums, Boardtracker Is a sponser, P.M. Jim with questions before making a decision based on Incorrect Information. it will save you money.

Last edited by 30glock; 02-19-2018 at 06:26 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by 30glock:
Discount ESP (02-20-2018), TwiZted Biker (02-19-2018), u wish u could ride (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 06:30 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by leon anthony
the Extended service plan is what that is called and it starts when the factory warranty runs out
if you buy it with a new bike, it runs concurrently with the factory warranty. there are items that it gives you that the factory warranty does not, such as towing, trip interruption, etc.

if you buy the 'new bike' coverage, but wait until the factory warranty is about to expire, then you've really wasted money as you're paying for the 2 years that have already passed.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:53 AM
cash64
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
One of the forum sponsors is a ESP dealer and they are 1/3 less than the dealers bullshit for the same coverage. Many members use them and I'm buying later this spring.

https://www.discountesp.com/esc

The following users liked this post:
Discount ESP (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 09:21 AM
tbob
Outstanding HDF Member

I always say it's a free country and I understand your statement . What ever gives one piece of mind is what's
important.

Quick Reply: Extended Coverage