Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Mart.com--IMO bad business

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:56 PM
Fireball Jack
Stellar HDF Member
Received 813 Likes on 560 Posts

Wow..... bash them fur not standing behind it when it was out of warranty. I wouldn't want to sell you a used car.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:18 AM
NELS
Road Master
Received 106 Likes on 86 Posts

I've gotten two batteries from them with zero problems , However I opted out of getting their e-mails which didn't make any difference to them. Glad I gave them my "trash" e-mail as they send ads almost daily.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:29 AM
Scudda
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,211 Likes on 941 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron750
Batteries Plus sells 2 batteries that fit my bike. A cheaper one with a one year warranty, and a more expensive one with a two year warranty. Why would you expect replacement, when you’re out of the warranty?
I have the 2 year warranty battery from them. I think it is a Duracell. The original one went bad a month before the warranty ran out...they replaced it with a brand new one for free

Old 03-14-2018, 06:39 AM
1HD1C
Stellar HDF Member
Received 180 Likes on 139 Posts

I tend my bikes 24-7 when not being ridden I average 4.5 to 5 years out of a factory or DEKA battery.. in fact the factory battery from my switchback hiccupped in august of 2016 so it was swapped but it still holds 12.5 on the shelf so I use it for testing

Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Ex-Leftcoaster
Banned
Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

There's a thread on lithium batteries. You could try those, and many have a 3-year warranty.

A buddy has an Antigravity lithium for about 3 years on his Sporty. Never had to maintain it. Cranks right up, even after returning from his deployments.

Old 03-14-2018, 02:47 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,404 Likes on 4,013 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
I recently had a security camera go bad out of warranty, I called them and they admitted it was out of warranty, but said "Send it to us, we will check it out, and we will see what we can do". They called me back a week or so later and said "Sorry, the unit is fried. It is out of warranty, however we can sell you another one brand new in the box - not refurbished - at a discounted rate". And it was! A heck of a deal! They allowed me to buy THREE more of them at the good rate! I am very happy all the way around, they did not have to do this, and I will keep trading with them.
That is what the battery company should have done for you, but they did not.
I will disagree with this one point...

I don't believe the battery company had any obligation to do anything, I don't think the battery company should have done anything.... That is the way most business is handled....

However... what you experienced was superior customer service..... your customer service was way above and beyond what should be expected... it is the mark of a stellar company, that are in the minority of businesses today...

I know only a few vendors who practice that kind of customer service, and as a result they have earned my business, whenever I'm in the market for their product(s)...

That is the difference between a truly exceptional company and an good/average company.... a bad company won't even honor their basic obligations (like warranty), let alone go out of their way for a customer..

I don't think it's right to bad mouth an good/average company, just because they don't excel like a very few...

Just my 2 cents...

Old 03-14-2018, 05:10 PM
danny54
Tourer
Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Yea I had a big crank, didn't crank so good. lousy battery, Try a lithium or a Yuasa.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:18 PM
ORradtech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 371 Likes on 321 Posts

I have had brand name appliances, expensive ones, fail days outside of warranty and been refused warranty repair.
They were within their right to do so and I will not badmouth them for it.
Nor will I ever purchase that brand again.

Old 03-14-2018, 05:26 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,273 Likes on 11,143 Posts

So many other threads praised the Big Crank Battery, now this one bad mouths it as a cheaply made 1 year Battery.

What’s up?

I’m think about replacing my soon to be 3 year old HD Battery, just because I like to replace them before they fail.

Last edited by TriGeezer; 03-14-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:35 PM
Cab Lizzard
Advanced
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Just ordered one not 20 minutes ago. Still much cheaper than HD.
By the way they are made in the USA by General Battery who supplies HD.

Quick Reply: Battery Mart.com--IMO bad business