Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery Mart.com--IMO bad business

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 08:29 AM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Sounds like a 2 year warranty would have worked out good to some of you guys.

Old 03-17-2018, 09:39 AM
rhuff
Elite HDF Member
Received 1,118 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Sounds like a 2 year warranty would have worked out good to some of you guys.
LMAO. Then, when the battery wore out after 30 months, they'd still wonder why it wasn't covered.

The following users liked this post:
Veekness (03-17-2018)
Old 03-17-2018, 04:08 PM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 152 Posts

I think some of the reasons battery's last different amounts of time is it just depends on how it's abused.If your a battery tender user and you start your bike and go for gas then a 100 mile ride, it will probably a long time. But if your usual ride is around town and you start your bike 15-20 times in the course of a day, and don't use a tender, it will probably last at best the length of the warranty.,,

Old 03-17-2018, 07:27 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by lionsm13
My Batterymart Big Crank is going on 7 years.

How's that for reliability?

Of course it is always on a tender when ever it is at home as all of my vehicles are.

This seems to help battery longevity. I recommend them.
Like you, I have had a battery last seven years, and like you, any time I wasn't on it, the battery was on a tender. As best as I can recall...because it's been two bikes ago...the battery was an HD AGM unit.

But it was also starting a 'pancone engine'...pan top end on a cone shovel bottom end. I don't think the battery's job was quite as tough is it seems to be on a Twinkie engine, frankly.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:13 AM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 295 Likes on 240 Posts

I bought from this company got the battery 1 yr and 2 months it was in need of replacement. The thunder volt that was in previously, lasted 7 yrs. both maintained the same. both fully charged before install. I will not buy from them again.

The following users liked this post:
painey (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 07:22 AM
painey
Road Warrior
Received 205 Likes on 103 Posts

I also brought a battery from them that died just after one year and it was on a tender the whole time, I wasn't best pleased either!

Went to Batteries Plus and brought a Duracell, perfect and now lasted over it warranty period.

Now to the posters who say why complain if the battery dies just after the warranty runs out, are you saying its alright to only expect to last the warranty period? If so would you expect to replace EVERY electrical item in your house EVERY year ie TV, Cooker, Washing machine etc etc?

I think not, we pay good money for items we expect to last, not to expire when their warranty runs out!

Old 03-18-2018, 07:29 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,647 Likes on 1,076 Posts

I’m betting the number of batteries from Battery Mart that last many years far outweighs the number of their batteries that crap out after shortly after 1 year.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:54 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,324 Likes on 3,269 Posts

Any brand can fail in a short period of time, there are too many variables. Even the manufacturers have quality variations that they can’t always control. Sometimes you can make chicken salad out of decent chicken ****.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:33 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,383 Likes on 4,003 Posts

Originally Posted by painey

Now to the posters who say why complain if the battery dies just after the warranty runs out, are you saying its alright to only expect to last the warranty period? If so would you expect to replace EVERY electrical item in your house EVERY year ie TV, Cooker, Washing machine etc etc?
Not saying that at all.... not even close....

I'm saying that if it makes it through the warranty period, you should not expect to get a warranty replacement or "assistance" from the manufacturer...

I will absolutely consider how long a battery lasts, and how the manufacturer responds to any issues to determine who gets my money for my next battery... I just don't believe I am owed any compensation after the warranty runs out...

FWIW... used, HD AGM, then BIG Crank AGM, and now using Yuasa 500cca AGM...

Old 03-18-2018, 10:44 PM
svarnster
Road Warrior
Received 295 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by hattitude
Not saying that at all.... not even close....

I'm saying that if it makes it through the warranty period, you should not expect to get a warranty replacement or "assistance" from the manufacturer...

I will absolutely consider how long a battery lasts, and how the manufacturer responds to any issues to determine who gets my money for my next battery... I just don't believe I am owed any compensation after the warranty runs out...

FWIW... used, HD AGM, then BIG Crank AGM, and now using Yuasa 500cca AGM...
I understand this. and this is why I added my battery issues, in hopes of saving someone else the headache and additional cost of the battery needing replacement in just over a year. spend your money else where.
I bought 2 batteries. 1 for the 4 wheeler and 1 for the electra glide. 4 wheeler battery lasted 4 months, yes it was warrantied. the warrantied battery lasted 5 months. warranty predates to first battery. which put it over 6 months, then the eg battery lasted about 2 months past the 1 year warranty.