Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Street Glide Windshield Pouch

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2018, 11:32 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer
Received 101 Likes on 82 Posts
Default Street Glide Windshield Pouch

Just bought a new 2018 SGS in Vivid Black. I'm having the dealer install a whole bunch of mods, and I'm excited to pick it up in a few days. One of the mods was a slightly taller windshield. I looked at a lot of windshields and decided to have them install the 7" wind splitter and put it into the deal. The difference between that one and other aftermarket versions was not important enough. I like the whole wind splitter look, and the reviews seem like folks are happy with them.

I noticed the three section windshield pouch, and coming from a sporty I thought "what a great idea" to keep small stuff right there within easy reach. Until I found out that there are no windshield pouches for a wind splitter. 3 pouch, 2 pouch, Harley, aftermarket, doesn't matter. Nobody makes any type of windshield pouch solution for a Street Glide - (extremely popular motorcycle), with a 7" wind splitter - (very popular windshield for this popular motorcycle). How can that be? Nothing in forums. Nothing on Google. HD and the many aftermarket vendors make some version of every sq. inch of these bikes. Is it possible that there is no fairing storage solution from anyone? Any ideas? Pics?

Old 07-12-2018, 01:47 PM
Old Iron Man
Tourer

127 views and crickets? If you guys don’t have a solution, nobody will. Oh well.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:10 PM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

Problem is that wind splitter sits lower on the edges and there really isn’t anywhere to mount one at.
Get creative, get one of the narrower bags and modify it to work. Genius is only a step away, and then you could claim the solution.

Last edited by Sturgis67; 07-12-2018 at 02:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
OldMike (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 04:10 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

I decided I wanted a different windshield, but also wanted a windshield pouch. The 2 windshields I have liked are the 8" Freedom Shield and an 7" LRS Recurve. Then I bought a Kuryakyn 3 pocket pouch... held a lot but wore out quick. Now have a T-Bags that doesn't hold as much but is much better quality. Maybe you are putting the cart in front of the horse?

Old 07-12-2018, 04:15 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Yep, that Wind Splitter is what the issue is.

It has some really weird curve to it and lays back that leaves no room for a pouch.
Look at some pictures of it from different angles, and you'll see how it lays back much more than any other shield.
You can bet if it was easy to install a pouch, someone in the aftermarket would have one by now.

I went with an LRS Shield on my Limited (same one that would fit a Street Glide), and using the HD 3 pocket pouch.
Lots of other choices for shields that will also work.

Old Iron Man (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 01:08 AM
Old Iron Man
Tourer

Originally Posted by RollaMo
Yep, that Wind Splitter is what the issue is.

It has some really weird curve to it and lays back that leaves no room for a pouch.
Look at some pictures of it from different angles, and you'll see how it lays back much more than any other shield.
You can bet if it was easy to install a pouch, someone in the aftermarket would have one by now.

I went with an LRS Shield on my Limited (same one that would fit a Street Glide), and using the HD 3 pocket pouch.
Lots of other choices for shields that will also work.

That looks perfect. Which model of LRS and which height is that?

Old 07-13-2018, 06:28 AM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Iron Man
That looks perfect. Which model of LRS and which height is that?
The one I pictured: LRS Ultra Recurve, 9" - Medium Tint

I've since replaced this with a 7" medium tint, but don't have any pictures of it.
I like the 7" version better though. The 9" was good, but my "line of sight" was right at eye level it seems.
It worked just fine, I just wanted to try a new one. LOL
The 7" version, I am looking just over the top much easier.

The 7" version looks just like this, just slightly shorter. You would have to see them side by side to notice it though.
With a "Recurve" like these, you can go shorter and get the same protection as you would with a taller standard.

As with most things, it comes down to personal preference.
Some prefer to look "through" the shield, and some like to look just over the top.
If you want to look through the shield, I wouldn't recommend a tinted one though. At dusk or night, they are hard to see through.

There are some other really good brands out there that are just as good.

Just about anything you put on will function better than the stock Street Glide screen.
The factory one is all about looks. That was the first thing I replace on my previous Street Glide too.

Old 07-13-2018, 06:56 AM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 379 Likes on 229 Posts

I have the 4.5" Wind Splitter on my '11 Classic. The HD 2 pouch fits perfectly. I researched this as well. The 3 pouch won't work but as you can see this one does. Love the windshield .

Last edited by Craigny; 07-13-2018 at 07:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:59 AM
Craigny
Road Master
Received 379 Likes on 229 Posts

Here's from the front as well. I know the common belief is that the pouches won't work with the wind splitter but the 2 pouch one does.

Old Iron Man (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 07:04 AM
K Melancon
Road Warrior
Received 132 Likes on 92 Posts

Simple economics. Make a windshield pouch that will fit to 99.95% of windshields and fairings. Just about everyone is using a standard shape or some type of recurve windshield. They are all shaped the same at the bottom and changes shape up top.

Quick Reply: Street Glide Windshield Pouch