Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dainese jackets?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 02:39 PM
darinJ
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dainese jackets?

Hello,

I am brand new to the forum here, as I just purchased my first bike. Have a Road King being delivered next week, and would prefer to get a leather jacket that does not have huge Harley logos all over it. I came across this one online, and wondering if anyone has any experience with them, as they aren't cheap. Any insight would be really appreciated.

jacket is here: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...leather-jacket

Also considering this one, which seems like a solid brand, just not leather. http://www.rideicon.com/gear/mens/ja...basehawk/black

Old 07-13-2018, 02:47 PM
saltlick
Road Warrior
Received 232 Likes on 175 Posts

i like my Icon leather jacket, just remove the armour thats in there. No logos and its awesome.

The following users liked this post:
darinJ (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 02:53 PM
RDHIGH
Tourer
Received 136 Likes on 102 Posts

I bought a "Joe Rocket ballistic " jacket back in 98. Im still using it today (had to replace the zipper at a shop- cost $10). 20 years- its all sunbleached but still hanging on!

Old 07-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Ex-Leftcoaster
Banned
Received 106 Likes on 93 Posts

Welcome to HDF.

If the Dainese jacket is as good as their racing leathers, then it should be a quality product.

I would steer you to Fox Creek Leather here. They make excellent quality jackets and leather overpants/chaps.

If you want something specific to your measurements with the perfect fit and top quality leather, check out 55Collection
here. They are spendy, and you can customize the jacket.

Last edited by Ex-Leftcoaster; 07-13-2018 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-13-2018, 03:05 PM
Veekness
Elite HDF Member
Received 638 Likes on 494 Posts

Nope. Never heard of it. Hope that helps.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:06 PM
Tallshooter
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

If the Dainese jacket in the OP is anything like their racing suits, they run VERY small. Ordering one without being able to try it on might be a little problematic.

The following users liked this post:
shorelasHD (07-14-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 03:10 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Dianese is like alpinestars as the run euro sizing so like tallshooter said they do run small. On a side note alot of these manufacturers of gear based in europe have the stuff that isnt top of the line made in indonesia. My sp1 gloves made in veitnam are pretty awesome. My spx gloves in indonesia im a little disappointed with quality wise. If you can try the stuff on first and remember leather breaks in.

Old 07-13-2018, 03:29 PM
massparanoia
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RDHIGH
I bought a "Joe Rocket ballistic " jacket back in 98. Im still using it today (had to replace the zipper at a shop- cost $10). 20 years- its all sunbleached but still hanging on!
2nd Joe Rocket. I have an alter ego 2.0 jacket that I’ve had for almost 10 years and is still going strong.

Old 07-13-2018, 04:33 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 497 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by darinJ
Hello,

I am brand new to the forum here, as I just purchased my first bike. Have a Road King being delivered next week, and would prefer to get a leather jacket that does not have huge Harley logos all over it. I came across this one online, and wondering if anyone has any experience with them, as they aren't cheap. Any insight would be really appreciated.

jacket is here: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...leather-jacket

Also considering this one, which seems like a solid brand, just not leather. http://www.rideicon.com/gear/mens/ja...basehawk/black
You don't listen to Dad, huh. Just go on some forum and ask their opinion. Well, that;s actually a pretty good move. One thing about Revzilla is that they have a very good return policy. However, I don't know as you ought to be spending $500+ on your first jacket. As a new rider to touring, it will take a while for you to figure out what you really want.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:32 PM
bike_r_trash
Banned
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Let me suggest a different direction - textile jackets with armor. You can comfortably wear it in all types of weather including 100-degree days and you will have better protection than your t-shirt when it's hot out. I've been using the Olympia AirGlide jackets for years. https://olympiamotosports.com/en-US/products/jackets

The following 2 users liked this post by bike_r_trash:
Goose_NC (07-15-2018), shorelasHD (07-14-2018)

Quick Reply: Dainese jackets?