Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketoberfest

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 09:06 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Google Daytona Beach St closing and find the Daytona News Journal article from earlier this year.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:16 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

FWIW, Biketoberfest is usually the more pleasant weather and riding event of the two big ones. St Aug is a definite must ride up A1A and walk the town. New Smyrna is another must do while here. If you can, the Keys are something everyone must do at least once. The drive from daytona to miami is dismal but only 3 hours. Homestead south to Key West is just great. Trailer the bikes down there early early morning. Ride down to KW spend the night and come back next morning. You'll love it. No riding in KW for a full size bike but the ride down there is full of stuff to do and see.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:24 AM
shore
Stellar HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by tnriverluver
Google Daytona Beach St closing and find the Daytona News Journal article from earlier this year.
Beach St has been dead for years for bike events. That'll have /little no impact on Main St. That's still the 1st thing I have heard about. I bet the NJ is all about it, they got their huge headquarters right there on the river. Always wondered why they built that place. Prime river property and they build a huge newspaper building.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:28 AM
tnriverluver
Stellar HDF Member
Received 442 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by shore
Beach St has been dead for years for bike events. That'll have /little no impact on Main St. That's still the 1st thing I have heard about. I bet the NJ is all about it, they got their huge headquarters right there on the river. Always wondered why they built that place. Prime river property and they build a huge newspaper building.
I can't find the original article from right before Bikeweek telling about the development with lots of video interviews but this tells a little about it. They were also talking about tearing down much of Main and developing it also. Seems Daytona city leaders have had enough of Bikeweek. http://www.news-journalonline.com/ne...nerant-vendors It was some big Insurance Co or such planning on building on Beach Street.

Last edited by tnriverluver; 09-21-2018 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-21-2018, 04:39 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

You talking about Biketoberfest I Panama City Beach? I live a hr away and I'm just going for the day. We went to the last one and the cagers was in full force. One cager almost got his face bashed in by this dude at a traffic light cutting the biker off and slamming brakes. What's sad was the bikers wife was on back. If you go down thee be careful, head on a swivel because the cagers really don't give a duck.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:41 PM
From_Behind
Club Member

Received 893 Likes on 513 Posts

Originally Posted by bigpappa160
You talking about Biketoberfest I Panama City Beach? I live a hr away and I'm just going for the day. We went to the last one and the cagers was in full force. One cager almost got his face bashed in by this dude at a traffic light cutting the biker off and slamming brakes. What's sad was the bikers wife was on back. If you go down thee be careful, head on a swivel because the cagers really don't give a duck.
Biketoberfest is in Daytona.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:40 PM
bigpappa160
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by From_Behind
Biketoberfest is in Daytona.
Yeah, Sorry, Thunderbeach is in PCB. It's been a long day here at work

Old 09-21-2018, 05:45 PM
Jehu
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,073 Likes on 609 Posts

Just a few more weeks - can't wait!

Old 09-21-2018, 09:16 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,309 Likes on 2,356 Posts

Daytona is trying to profit on the families visiting Mouse Land and therefore making the gateways to the beach areas family friendly. The heck with those that have kept bringing the green to the city.

Old 09-23-2018, 05:08 PM
Raventhik
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if there are any places that will let me keep my trailer hooked to my truck?

Quick Reply: Biketoberfest