Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazon stay aways?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 09:12 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,919 Likes on 17,474 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent Hickman
I have been looking for winter projects and various things i want to add to my bike and i noticed there are a lot of lower priced accessories on Amazon. All items have reviews but I am wondering what are some of the things people on here have bought and recommend that everyone should stay away from?
Amazon doesn't make anything , it's a clearing house for suppliers, they have no product line. Find something you are interested in look at the company brand supplying it and then do some googling to find out what you need to know outside amazon. Simple stupid......

Old 11-20-2018, 09:23 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,406 Likes on 4,014 Posts

I have bought name-brand stuff from Amazon. I also buy stuff where there is no brand-name equivalent. I just make sure the description mentions a manufacturer, part number, and it's pictured or described as I need it. That way, if it's not an actual name-brand part, or not what was depicted, Amazon will honor your return for an item not matching it's description, and will pay return shipping...

For example, I needed to find sealed passing lamps for my '03 Heritage, since the MoCo no longer makes them. I found some on Amazon with free shipping, and a good price. The picture showed it had both screw and spade terminals, just like OEM. When I got it, it had screw terminals, but no spade terminals. I didn't feel like modifying my OEM wiring (which had spade terminals) and requested a refund, reason: item not as described. I described the problem, and they sent me a return label and promptly refunded my money when the item was delivered to the vendor.

Amazon has always been quick to respond to any concern or to handle any order problems. I use them quite frequently. I joined Amazon Prime, and what I save in shipping is way more than the cost of the Prime membership. Additionally, as a prime member, I frequently get free 2-day shipping... But I always shop around, even with the free 2-day shipping, Amazon is not always the best deal......

I don't know about any employee issues, but I had a nephew work at an Amazon warehouse. He was well-paid, had good benefits, and had a few promotions during his tenure there. He decided to resign (I told him not to resign until he had another job, but what do I know...), to look for a job closer to home. He hasn't found an equivalent pay/benefits/opportunity warehouse job since he left Amazon.....

Last edited by hattitude; 11-20-2018 at 09:24 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by hattitude:
hbsoldier3 (11-21-2018), Lakerat (11-21-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 09:23 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,919 Likes on 17,474 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Amazon is the worst entity I've ordered from online. 3 different orders in a row all three delivered to a different place. It's not like I'm hiding I do not understand why they cannot find my address. I will not ever try Amazon again.

I had an order not delivered because they said they could not find my address the order was canceled. 2 weeks later guess what I find on my porch yep an Amazon order that was delivered to a neighbor about a block away and they brought it to my house. It took me 2 hours on the phone in a circle jerk because I insisted on paying for that order. I know most of the people would have taken that order for free. I'm just not one of those people. Me and Amazon are done.
Originally Posted by ronaldrwl
Very strange?
Deliveries are done by post office or ups here. Amazon service is the best. I didn't know about their employee abuse.
Amazon uses several mail & delivery services including a couple flavors of their own in house services which suck *****, Amal or Azal flub's 1 out of 4 deliveries, I've seen them delivering around here out of a rented Uhaul van before. You can get around this by spending some time playing the phone game with customer service and getting a live voice on the other end next time they miss a delivery. Specifically tell them you will only accept USPS or UPS deliveries do not use their in house carriers and you can specify where they leave the package on your property.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:52 AM
Mandalorian
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TriGeezer
The worst thing I ever bought for my bike from Amazon was one of those pine tree air fresheners. First time riding with it and it blew away. Couldn’t get my money back, because I had nothing to return.
Hilarious!

Old 11-21-2018, 08:54 AM
Mandalorian
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Amazon doesn't make anything , it's a clearing house for suppliers, they have no product line. Find something you are interested in look at the company brand supplying it and then do some googling to find out what you need to know outside amazon. Simple stupid......
Yeah i was pretty sure there werent any Amazon made parts, thats why i said there are accessories on amazon and i am looking for input from people that have bought from amazon.

I had to edit this. I didnt mean for it to appear so snippy..... I read the reviews of products before i purchase and im hoping maybe if people here have bought items they could comment on how it was great but it turned into crap later or over time it didnt last....those kind of answers

Last edited by Mandalorian; 11-21-2018 at 09:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
TwiZted Biker (11-21-2018)
Old 11-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,786 Likes on 18,560 Posts

I used Amazon with with complete satisfaction ... As Dan says they don't make anything ( except money ) ... If you want something specific regarding product contact the manufacturer

Old 11-21-2018, 10:28 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Yeah i was pretty sure there werent any Amazon made parts, thats why i said there are accessories on amazon and i am looking for input from people that have bought from amazon.

I had to edit this. I didnt mean for it to appear so snippy..... I read the reviews of products before i purchase and im hoping maybe if people here have bought items they could comment on how it was great but it turned into crap later or over time it didnt last....those kind of answers
its ok to be snippy....Capt Obvious wouldn't
catch on to it anyway..... haha

Old 11-21-2018, 10:38 AM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

i think you need to reference a specific item you are interested in ,,,, regardless of where its for sale.... and look for input then..... guys that actually have /bought the part will then chime in....... otherwise you're gonna get some poster that wants to tell you how Amazon works....

Old 11-21-2018, 10:50 AM
Kingglide549
Banned
Received 969 Likes on 694 Posts

With today's roaring economy at least if the employees are being abused they can move on.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Tom84FXST
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 18,203 Likes on 5,397 Posts

Originally Posted by 0ldhippie
Do not buy anything from amazon or Walmart!
Virtually everything I buy comes from Amazon, Ebay, or Walmart...Wallyworld will now deliver for $10 ...at some point I will no reason to leave the house...

The following users liked this post:
INJEKTER (11-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Amazon stay aways?