Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Amazon stay aways?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 10:27 AM
Mandalorian
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Amazon stay aways?

I have been looking for winter projects and various things i want to add to my bike and i noticed there are a lot of lower priced accessories on Amazon. All items have reviews but I am wondering what are some of the things people on here have bought and recommend that everyone should stay away from?

Old 11-20-2018, 12:02 PM
DanHappy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,419 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I was always curious as well. I looked at custom floorboards and found a couple really nice and reasonably priced ones. I am thinking they would last a year or two and then fall apart or rust or something…

Be interesting to see replies...

Old 11-20-2018, 12:21 PM
0ldhippie
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Do not buy anything from amazon or Walmart! They treat they employees like crap and are the biggest corporate welfare scum out there.

The following 2 users liked this post by 0ldhippie:
Jimmy Ray (11-20-2018), todd-67 (11-21-2018)
Old 11-20-2018, 06:02 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

i love Amazon..... best customer service ever

Old 11-20-2018, 06:32 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Amazon is the worst entity I've ordered from online. 3 different orders in a row all three delivered to a different place. It's not like I'm hiding I do not understand why they cannot find my address. I will not ever try Amazon again.

I had an order not delivered because they said they could not find my address the order was canceled. 2 weeks later guess what I find on my porch yep an Amazon order that was delivered to a neighbor about a block away and they brought it to my house. It took me 2 hours on the phone in a circle jerk because I insisted on paying for that order. I know most of the people would have taken that order for free. I'm just not one of those people. Me and Amazon are done.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:47 PM
ronaldrwl
Road Warrior
Received 342 Likes on 229 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010
Amazon is the worst entity I've ordered from online. 3 different orders in a row all three delivered to a different place. It's not like I'm hiding I do not understand why they cannot find my address. I will not ever try Amazon again.

I had an order not delivered because they said they could not find my address the order was canceled. 2 weeks later guess what I find on my porch yep an Amazon order that was delivered to a neighbor about a block away and they brought it to my house. It took me 2 hours on the phone in a circle jerk because I insisted on paying for that order. I know most of the people would have taken that order for free. I'm just not one of those people. Me and Amazon are done.
Very strange?
Deliveries are done by post office or ups here. Amazon service is the best. I didn't know about their employee abuse.

Old 11-20-2018, 06:53 PM
Down South
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,126 Likes on 1,531 Posts

I've been using Amazon for years and have had great service. I probable have at least one order from them a week. Look at the reviews at what you want to purchase. You have to learn to take the reviews with a grain of salt and figure in the idiot factor. I normally calculate anything with a large number of reviews with a 80% of four & five star rating as good to go.

Good luck with your purchase....

Sam

Last edited by Down South; 11-20-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:54 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam2010

How is it Amazon's fault that the delivery driver can't deliver your order to the correct address? I don't get it.

Whenever I look at products on Amazon, I always read the 1-2 star reviews first. I couldn't care less how they treat their employees. After all, I own a Harley and we all know how they treat their own customers.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:00 PM
cncmike
Road Master
Received 235 Likes on 154 Posts

I have bought a few things from Amazon. Most of the off brand stuff you get a good price on is from China. And if it is a dress up item or a non safety item you should be fine. I won't buy off brand items that could leave me stranded or injured if they break or fail.

Old 11-20-2018, 09:08 PM
TriGeezer
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,274 Likes on 11,144 Posts

The worst thing I ever bought for my bike from Amazon was one of those pine tree air fresheners. First time riding with it and it blew away. Couldn’t get my money back, because I had nothing to return.

The following 3 users liked this post by TriGeezer:
bgup619 (11-20-2018), Cozz (11-21-2018), INJEKTER (11-21-2018)

Quick Reply: Amazon stay aways?