Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forward controls

Old 01-11-2019, 05:12 AM
ponyracer1
Default Forward controls

Iím in the market for some extended forward controls for my 09 Electra glide. Leaning towards Hawg halters black slotted contrast cut.

Anyone run run anything similar? How do you like them? Iím 6í4 with a 34Ē inseam. Just wondering how much extra room you get over boards.

The he most important question, who has the best prices on them?

Old 01-12-2019, 06:40 AM
Cozz
Road Warrior

Lots of folks around here run forwards on their touring bikes. I would, but I just can’t give up my lowers. Maybe they will post up some pics today.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:11 AM
nobodyknowsme
Ultimate HDF Member
Thanked 1,514 Times in 1,165 Posts

If price is such a big concern, why not just highway pegs?

Old 01-12-2019, 05:07 PM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Thanked 1,238 Times in 835 Posts

Cyclesmith XL banana boards and some longer shifter levers will open up a ton of room for you.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:58 AM
HDFRENZY

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme View Post
If price is such a big concern, why not just highway pegs?
I have highway pegs but in traffic you are constantly changing gears and braking so you have to keep pulling your feet off the pegs. Forward controls would be more comfortable.

The Following User Says Thank You to HDFRENZY For This Useful Post:
Cozz (01-13-2019)
Old 01-13-2019, 06:19 AM
skid_pimp
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HDFRENZY View Post
I have highway pegs but in traffic you are constantly changing gears and braking so you have to keep pulling your feet off the pegs. Forward controls would be more comfortable.
I will be putting Forwards on my new Road King Special for the exact same reason as you as soon as I pick it up. I don't have any pictures available to me at the moment, but I have run Jay Brake controls on my last couple touring bikes, and loved ever second.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:14 AM
nobodyknowsme
Ultimate HDF Member
Thanked 1,514 Times in 1,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Cygnusx51 View Post
Cyclesmith XL banana boards and some longer shifter levers will open up a ton of room for you.
I have these on both my bikes and if there should ever be another Harley touring bike in my life it will be one of the first things I ever do to it. Yes, they are THAT nice and comfortable.

Old 01-13-2019, 11:56 AM
Cygnusx51
Ultimate HDF Member
Thanked 1,238 Times in 835 Posts

Originally Posted by nobodyknowsme View Post
I have these on both my bikes and if there should ever be another Harley touring bike in my life it will be one of the first things I ever do to it. Yes, they are THAT nice and comfortable.
I was at a bike and BBQ thing once and when we were just standing at the bikes waiting for others to arrive, it was funny the comments that people made about them and that they were actually taking pictures. Some liked them, one guy said they looked like a ridiculous set of skiís LOL. One woman did say she was going to buy a set for her husband though, I wonder how he likes them.

I had highway pegs and mounts that I never even put on because the boards made such a huge difference. Iím with you, I wouldnít want anything else.

Last edited by Cygnusx51; 01-13-2019 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 08:00 PM
wdb01l
Question

I had Jay Brakes on a 98 Fat Boy and they were very comfortable. I also have thought about this on the
Street Glide. What are other options beside Bad Dad or Jay Brake.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:02 PM
95th 1200
Road Master

I put on a set of Accutronix forward controls for a customer, they're not cheap but they're beautifully made and made in Arizona.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: