Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F11 topcoat

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 07:36 AM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,950 Likes on 2,169 Posts

I have a riding buddy that swears by this stuff. He buys it by the gallon. To my eye, if I put my bike next to his, I can't tell the difference between his bike's shine using this product and my bike's shine using Mother's or Meguiar's spray and clean products. By the gallon, this stuff is a $1.56 an ounce; it's $4.61 an ounce if you buy the 18 ounce "kit special". As far as a time-saver, it takes me no more than 30 minutes to clean my bike and maybe an hour if it's really dirty. Using it makes him happy, so who am I to say what he or anyone else should use? Go for it.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:02 AM
touchdown
Supporter

Received 1,659 Likes on 946 Posts

OK got this **** last year looked like it worked at the time BUT DID LAST VERY LONG. In my book it just like spray wax but cost way too much. They should have named it snake oil. Went back to wax still have some don't use it.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:22 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

For those willing to put in a little extra time initially, ceramic coatings are the way to go. I did my bike with Cquartz about a year ago. I just hit it with the Reload as a quick detailer and it's good to go.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:31 AM
jimglassford
Tourer
Received 195 Likes on 115 Posts

One of the methods used cars lots use to fix up an oxidized paint job is to go over the car with Armor All. The car repelled water and had a shine, for a while. The advertisement for F11 Topcoat states to build up the layer over time. Is this just the same as Armor All and if you think it is not working, just use more? I wonder if the same company sells diet pills.

Old 03-19-2019, 08:50 AM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

I've looked at the negative reviews and videos and was very skeptical about buying it. Like I said my paint stays pristine 95% of the time so I'm sure that plays a big role. I am a wax/polish junkie and I use some pricey waxes, this spray leaves a shine and slickness like no wax I've used, does it last, that is yet to be determined but for now I really like this stuff. Yes, it is overpriced without a doubt, I will run through what I have and then decide if I will buy more or write it off as a waste

Old 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,135 Likes on 764 Posts

Marketing, nothing more. Read FN's post again, coatings are top of the food chain.

I have over 20 polishes, 8 compounds, thousands of dollars in machine pads and MF towels, 2 polishers. There is no substitute for polished paint, and if your not using a machine there is a lot left on the table.
See where they get everybody is in the name, TopCoat. This stuff is so far from a Coating its crazy. Nothing more then a spray filler with some type of wax in it it.

If you want a wet/glossy look, it all starts with machine polishing.

There is no polishing going on with this stuff. ZERO.
Before you ask, yes I have seen cars, bikes and trucks with this on it. No, I was not impressed.

If you like it keep using it.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:10 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 419 Likes on 297 Posts

If it's building a coat over your paint,sooner or later you"ll realize you're not looking at your paint,you're looking at a dried out coat of shiit covering your paint.I was in the auto body and paint business for nearly 40 years,and I've seen these 'miracle' products come and go. one was an actual 'clearcoat' that made an older dull car look like it had a fresh paint job.A local Ford dealership spent thousands on repainting cars that that crap had been applied to,when it started dulling,and peeling off in spots.

Old 03-19-2019, 12:34 PM
Quik
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,572 Likes on 1,524 Posts

When I started this thread my intention was not to convince anyone to run out and buy this stuff, it was just to share my experience with it. I like it so far and for $50 I got an 18 ounce bottle and 2, 2 ounce (4 ounce) travel bottles, a bottle of poly wash soap and 4 very nice microfiber towels. It's a good buy for me at this point and not out that much money. Again, just sharing my experience.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:31 PM
TimeToBreakout
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
For those willing to put in a little extra time initially, ceramic coatings are the way to go. I did my bike with Cquartz about a year ago. I just hit it with the Reload as a quick detailer and it's good to go.
bingo ceramic coating is the way to go just had my bike and some of the gloss black engine pieces done for $400 well worth it

Old 03-19-2019, 03:30 PM
eaglefan1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,135 Likes on 764 Posts

Quik, I get that you were just sharing your experience. I get that you like the results you get.
I have posted about this stuff many times.
If you, or anybody else, is look for a "Quick Fix", there are still way better options then this stuff. 3D Speed is a much better option that last longer, and is much cheaper.

This statement puzzles me, "Or to the person, like me, that doesn't have a lot of extra time to spend all day detailing a bike." I get everybody is busy man. I work a lot also. But if you add up all the times you have to use this stuff, the price, and the sub-par look, so many better options.

Benn doing this stuff for 15+ yrs and getting paid for it. Just my opinion.
If you like it use it.

Quick Reply: F11 topcoat