Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

which tpms would you buy

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 03:54 AM
serioussv3n
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by yzernie
Why would you leave out such an important part of the install by not telling anyone you had to use 'spacers' to get the sensors to be able to seal on a non CVO wheel? Another member had to inform us of that because it was given to him via the private conversation you two had. On the surface of not giving ALL of the info on the install seems to be a bit deceptive on your part....no?
I did it, after i figured it out:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/milwa...l#post18064787

Old 04-23-2019, 11:39 AM
yzernie
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by serioussv3n
Yes you did but not until the other member put the info on here.

On a different note, did you try and screw the 11.3mm valve stem into a sensor? I'm guessing the different diameters of the valve stems would be the problem?

Old 04-23-2019, 03:00 PM
Redlegvzv
Stellar HDF Member
Received 672 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultrascott
I have a 2018 ultra limited and i'd like to have a tpms set up on it.i miss the one from my 16 cvo and I've narrowed it down to 2.the fobo bike 2 or the blu tpms.which is the better set up and would you do external sensors?thanks
I use the FOBO system and I like it a lot. It just works. The cap is very light so no worries about it stressing the stem. I've put 15,000 miles on mine and it's been great. Just whip out your cellphone and read the readings before riding. During riding I stream the app so if there were ever a deflation I would be warned. A great value for $100 or so.

Old 04-24-2019, 02:15 AM
serioussv3n
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by yzernie
Yes you did but not until the other member put the info on here.

On a different note, did you try and screw the 11.3mm valve stem into a sensor? I'm guessing the different diameters of the valve stems would be the problem?
Yes. Dont work.
The sensor has a nut which only fits for they own valve stems.
You can only use the grommets of the FOBO valve stems.
Or you replace the nut and valve stem of the Tyrewatch system. They have nut and valve stems for 8.3mm and also for 11.3mm. Its an aftermarket system for all wheels and its the same system from manufacturer LDC which Harley also use.

The following users liked this post:
yzernie (04-24-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 06:13 PM
offbeatmammal
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've been using the new Bike2 sensors from FOBO for a couple of months now (they're smaller and lighter than the originals) and pretty impressed. It's not as convenient as having something built in (seems like that would be a great opportunity for Harley to upsell, especially on bikes with a digital dash, including the FXBB, where they don't need to add a screen, just re-flash the firmware to add a new display pane).

they're small, light (don't seem to upset balance), and so far have survived a pretty big range of weather conditions

because I already use my phone when I'm riding for GPS etc, it's usually on the handlebars anyway so a lot easier than adding another screen that just works with GPS

Old 08-08-2019, 05:47 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking to purchase the fobo2 tpms for my 2018 Road Glide special it has stock rims and rubber tire valve stems will these be able to work with them or do I need to change the tire valve stem to metal

Old 08-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Zerk
Banned
Received 827 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by RK_Classic
Good lord, what ever happened to old school mechanical ****!!! throw it in your bag and forget about it.

rk classic.
That will not tell you if you ran a nail over since the last time you stopped. You know, you can have more than one tool in your tool box?

I had tire go out in the rain on the interstate, was a wild ride. That bike has a radio and it was on, so maybe i could have gotten a warning. I am not denying that I didn't check it when I left that morning. But the guys who say they check every time they ride, either don't ride much, or have never masterurbated.

Old 08-08-2019, 06:32 PM
offbeatmammal
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bklyn roadking
I'm looking to purchase the fobo2 tpms for my 2018 Road Glide special it has stock rims and rubber tire valve stems will these be able to work with them or do I need to change the tire valve stem to metal
stock rubber stems should be okay, they are light and don't add much strain, but keep an eye on the stems over time for wear and tear anyway (where I live UV kills the life of any rubber part!) ... I plan to switch to metal stems on the next tire change, but not heard of any issues that make me rush to do it earlier

Old 08-08-2019, 08:51 PM
bklyn roadking
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you

Old 08-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

Talked to the Service Manager at my dealer today. Asked about the TPMS system. He Suggested the same system on the CVO's. Said since I have the same Boom Audio on my 19 Street Glide Special, it would be easy. Ordered the sensor's for front and back. He said that the trick is to flash the radio with the CVO program and then flash the BCM. I'll get it done when I put new tires on.

Quick Reply: which tpms would you buy