Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Discount ESP

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:47 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

I can tell you that I personally emailed Jim on 4/12/2019 and have yet you receive any reply. The question was simple:

“Looking at tire and wheel coverage. I bought my bike new in December and since riding season is getting into full swing, I decided that I should add the tire and wheel coverage. My bike has less than 1800 miles on it. Will the current tires be covered or do I have to cover the first replacement set?”

Old 04-22-2019, 08:53 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,524 Likes on 1,421 Posts

Where's Jim?

Old 04-22-2019, 09:01 PM
mastergunnera8
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by cmashark
I can tell you that I personally emailed Jim on 4/12/2019 and have yet you receive any reply. The question was simple:

“Looking at tire and wheel coverage. I bought my bike new in December and since riding season is getting into full swing, I decided that I should add the tire and wheel coverage. My bike has less than 1800 miles on it. Will the current tires be covered or do I have to cover the first replacement set?”
I emailed him yesterday and got a response this afternoon.....I would think he has like a billion emails ...
jim@discountesp.com

Old 04-25-2019, 05:03 PM
cmashark
Road Warrior

Received 209 Likes on 114 Posts

Got a reply from him today and purchased wheel and tire coverage.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:00 AM
LateRider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I contacted him on 04/16/2019 and received this reply fairly quickly:

"Thank you for reaching out. The store’s closing is only temporary. A few unfortunately circumstances caused a delay in the brick and mortar operation, which will be remedied soon. Discount ESP is still in business and the contracts sold are valid. Remember the coverage is administered by Assurant and insured by Virginia Surety. Even Boardtracker HD was to go out of business, the coverage will remain.

I’ve been assisting riders before Boardtracker H-D and will continue, even if they are no longer in business. Don’t worry, I’ll be here to assist with your Limited in November. To ensure receipt of your email, cc jim@motorcycleagent.com"

The following users liked this post:
cmashark (04-26-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 08:49 AM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

well had to replace my rear tire, all was covered no isssues. best part is when I bought the plan the tire n wheel only cost me a buck. so far so good with it.

BrandonSmith (05-17-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 08:55 AM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,209 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
well had to replace my rear tire, all was covered no isssues. best part is when I bought the plan the tire n wheel only cost me a buck. so far so good with it.
PHEW! Good to hear! I have been wondering what the status of Discount ESP/First Extended has been, if anyone has used it since Boardtracker went out of business. Was the process simple? Could you provide any details on what you had to do? Or if the dealer had any issues getting in touch with Discount ESP/First Extended?

I've been contemplating cashing out of my plan that I bought a few months ago.

Old 05-17-2019, 03:51 PM
blackflame
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I dropped my bike off gave him all the info, the dealer called got the go ahead and that's pretty much it. worked like it should have.

BrandonSmith (05-17-2019)
Old 05-17-2019, 04:26 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

This is all good info.

Old 05-19-2019, 01:34 PM
BrandonSmith
Club Member
Received 2,209 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Originally Posted by blackflame
I dropped my bike off gave him all the info, the dealer called got the go ahead and that's pretty much it. worked like it should have.
Well, I was going to ride to Myrtle Beach and back but during my pre-ride inspection I found a nail in my rear tire. This tire was purchased/installed before I purchased the wheel and tire coverage. I remember someone saying that the wheel and tire coverage only covered tires that were purchased at the time the coverage was purchased or afterward. Is this true? Was your tire purchased before or after you purchased the wheel and tire coverage? Anyone?

Quick Reply: Discount ESP