Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pearl white ????

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 07:25 AM
king07classic
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pearl white ????

i talked about this yestrday, i have a pearl whit/gold 07 roadking. i swear to god that the tank is NOT pearl white, i have had many people look at it and i am telling you, there is NO pearl hue to the tank at all. everyone agrees with me on this, so now what do i do? if i bought a pearl white bike i want a pearl white bike. is this the way the MOCO paints the pearl white/gold on these bikes? it seems to me when i look at any other color that is pearl you can see the specks in the paint on the tank. at first i thought it was me and that i had to many beers or something but for once that is not the case. i am not sure what to do about this, any suggestions???

Old 07-13-2007, 07:34 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: pearl white ????

If as many people notice it as you state SURELY your dealer will be able to see it as well. Take it back and ask them to make it good. They can order a new tank color matched and just put it on I would think.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:35 AM
TexasRedneck
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tried talking to the dealer?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Crazycoop
Advanced

First things first. Get the bike under some fluorescent lighting, inside somewhere like a garage. It should take on a yellow glow or gold if you will. If it doesn't I would say someone at the factory put a police tank on it. Go back to the dealer and show them. If they don't do anything about it go to the owner, if nothing happens there keep moving up the food chain until you find some one who will listen to your problem and fix it!

My complete bike does have this yellow tint to it. It's just really noticeable under different light conditions.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:39 AM
bgismo20
Road Warrior

Yeah but its gonna take 8 weeks to get it, all color parts (including black oil tanks apparently) take 8 weks from the MO CO

Old 07-13-2007, 07:43 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Good point about the possibility of a Police tank ending up on the bike.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:45 AM
Crazycoop
Advanced

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

Yeah but its gonna take 8 weeks to get it, all color parts (including black oil tanks apparently) take 8 weks from the MO CO
It only took three weeks to get my trunk! Dealer told me that it would be 6 to 8 weeks!
Even if it takes 8 weeks, you have a tank to ride on. Important thing is that it's taken care of.

Funny thing that comes to my mind is that there is a police bike out there with a gold pearl tank on it and the guy is saying that there is something wrong with this paint cause it don't match the rest on the bike! lol

Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 AM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member

Funny thing that comes to my mind is that there is a police bike out there with a gold pearl tank on it and the guy is saying that there is something wrong with this paint cause it don't match the rest on the bike! lol
[sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 07-13-2007, 07:51 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,220 Likes on 2,467 Posts

ORIGINAL: bgismo20

so? the sooner he does it, the sooner it will come in. and its not like their gonna take his tank away from him in the meantime.

if it truly is a mismatched tank, then the difference in the paint should be painfully obvious. the non-pearl whites are much 'brighter' than the gold hue of the pearls.

Old 07-13-2007, 09:31 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

police tanks are birch white and aren't even close to the whitegold pearl. a glacier white is pretty close to the pearl., the gold in white gold is very evident so if it's not correct there should be no hassle at the dealer just a long wait.

Quick Reply: pearl white ????