Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

daytona twin-tec install

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 07:00 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: daytona twin-tec install

Hi Phil, I just read your response to the idle screw lock. Did you mean to use a cut-down nut on the back side of the idle adj. screw to act as a jam nut. I know some one mentioned a while back about tapping the throttle body and putting in a set screw. Is the idle adj. screw a standard thread? Mine is pretty hard to turn as it is right now. Talked to Doug @HQ this afternoon and he wasn't sure what year heads he is sending , they shipped out yesterday afternoon, I hope to get them by Friday. I think I will go ahead and see if the local HD dealer has the flanges in stock ,Tilley HD here in Statesville NC will usually try to help locate if needed. My plan is to try to get it back together by next thursday. My son is graduating army basic training on Friday 24 and I would like to ride it down to Fort Jackson, SC. But I still have to get the dtt up and running before then. I will be relying on ya'll for some well need advice! He got top honors from his platton. Makes me very proud. If any body around the Columbia SC area knows, It is a lot hotter and mugger than in NC. He said the heat index for the past few weeks has been around 115 or hotter! Man - full uniform , 50lb. gear. Sound like fun to me!? I turned the 1/2 century mark 2 years ago the heat seems to really get to me. I own/work in my auto body collison shop and there is no a/c and it gets pretty steamy this time of year.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:32 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tim ~
You can do it either way ~ with a narrowed jam nut on the back side, or a shortened set screw (in from the front) jamming against the original screw. On 06's (and probably later), they used a security screw instead of a standard torx. Those are the ones that some folks have removed and retapped for an SAE set screw.

Let's plan to chat before you start setting the DTT up. I can probably save ya some some time, but it is very important that you have already read ALL THE DOCUMENTAITON at least TWICE! You also need to go ahead and install both the PC Link and TCFI Log software applications and begin familiarizing yourself with them.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:10 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

If i haven't sent you my install guide send me a PM with your email address......

Old 08-15-2007, 08:34 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Hi spikect, yeah I already have your instll guide, It's been a lot of help also. I'm in territory where I'm not sure what to expect, the old saying--I don't know what I don't know-- applies here. Is there any part of this install that can be done without the heads being installed now or do I need to wait to be able to set the tps and iac?

Old 08-15-2007, 08:48 PM
SpikeCT
Road Captain

You can install the unitand run all the wires..... but as for anything else I would make sure you can adjust the IAC screw. You can drill out or whatever now and be ready for the setup when you get the heads.

Old 08-19-2007, 08:10 PM
tarheelrdr
Tourer

Well, I finally got the bike back together and the dtt/wego installed on the bike . Did the free air calibration. Then that's when I hit a snag. When I try to get into the program to adjust the tps, It says the port/com. isn't connected "cannot establish RS=232 link-check cables & module power source. I think I went trough all the steps to get the port/comopen. It says --port/com 6. How do you check the module for power, the engine light comes on but only for about 2 seconds, not as long as with oem.