Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog Tunes vs Hawg wired

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 04:37 PM
bigdoghd
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hog Tunes vs Hawg wired

Reading most of the post, I've seen a lot of comparisons with J&M and Hog Tunes, but not with Hawg Wired. Has anyoneon the forum upgraded to the Hawg Wire system with an amp and four speakers? Especially with the newer baggers 2005 and up? Thanks in advance

Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 PM
grinner
Tourer
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: Hog Tunes vs Hawg wired

That's because Hawg Wired is in a different price class than Hog Tunes and J&M. Hog Tunes and J&M are for people who want a modest $100 upgrade. Hawg Wired is for people who want to friggin ROCK and don't care too much about the price tag.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Start upgrading to Hawg Wired speakers and amps, and you can easily hit the 1000 dollar mark. Heck, the speakers and enclosures alone (no amp) for Lowers, is nearly 400.00. Thats double the cost of four factory replacement speakers from the other two companys.

Old 11-14-2007, 07:40 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

I know the list on the amp alone is $1000.00, I was wondering if anyone went this direction and found it was worth the price difference?I haven't really seen much on their company in this forum. Maybe it's hard to justify that type of cost for the differnce over the Hog Tunes or J&M.

Old 11-14-2007, 08:56 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have Hawg-Wired spks & amp in my RG & I can assure you there is a reason it is more $$$.

The is really no comparison between it and the others. It truly is in an entirely different class - completely.

Check w/Bart for pricing......

Old 11-14-2007, 08:57 AM
Badbagger
Grand HDF Member

Received 309 Likes on 181 Posts

Before I went to Hogtunes I looked into Hawg Wired.. but damn it man, the price is just entirely too high for me personally.

Old 11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

ORIGINAL: PhilM

I have Hawg-Wired spks & amp in my RG & I can assure you there is a reason it is more $$$.

The is really no comparison between it and the others. It truly is in an entirely different class - completely.

Check w/Bart for pricing......
Phil......check with "Bart" I own a bike shop/ Big Dog Motorcycle dealer, why would I check with "Bart" .

Old 11-14-2007, 10:57 AM
bigdoghd
Road Master

I hear ya Boogeyman, but if I let my kid have his way he wants to put in a dvd player and mold a flat screen underneath the lid in my tour pack.
would be nice on those nights around the camp fire .......just flip the lid and watch your favorite movie lol.We do alot of that stuff on the custom cars we build, you would be surprized on what some people spend in audio with us. Like they say, you get what you pay for.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
rome304
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no comparison unless price is the same.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Slope
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To save money and still get decent sound I replaced the factory speakers with Polk Audio db521 ($90), then added a Nitro BMW 300W 4ch amplifier ($35). The speakers are marine rated and the amp is very small (a bit smaller than half the size of the radio). I'm really happy with the results. A friend of mine has a Hawg Wired setup and the only difference we can hear is the Hawg Wired has a bit more bass.

Quick Reply: Hog Tunes vs Hawg wired