Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question on Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 11:03 PM
IO_Dozer
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Speakers

Ok all, I just got a new 08 Ultra, andI havesome Christmas cash to burn. The first thing I have noticed about the bike is that stock speakers just dont seem to cut it. (Real distorted @ high volume, and NO Bass). I have been looking, and the set of four from hogtunes seems to have some good reviews, but I want opinions from people that have actually tried, have, or have heard different Ultra (4) aftermarket speaker sets. Also is an amplifier a needed option or is it overkill.

Give me your opinions on what my best options might be!?!

Thanks,
Jason

Old 12-23-2007, 11:11 PM
RonH
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Question on Speakers

lots of opinions on this one as everyone has their own taste - personally I am very pleased with my Hogtunes.

Old 12-23-2007, 11:26 PM
TexasRanger
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is more info than you care to look at. Just do a search on hogtunes, j&m, jbl, infinity, etc etc.

Now where's that dead horse icon???
[/align]

Old 12-23-2007, 11:38 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have hogtunes front and rear with the amp. The front speakers run with the amp and the rear speakers run off the stock stereo. The bass is much improved. Before I installed the rear pods and amp, I'd replaced the front speakers with hogtunes for around $100. They improved the sound but it was nothing to rave about. They seemed to top out at 3/4 volume. I would give the hogtunes front speakers a 7 out of 10. For the price, they are good because you can spend a lot more. Check out Hawgwired if you want to spend some cash.
Steve L.

Old 12-24-2007, 12:06 AM
gizzmo
Stage I

I was thinking of putting in a Howwired amp andfrontspeakers in my 04 electra gluide classicafter Christmas. Can anyone tell me if the rear radio powered pod speakers are worth the hassle of istallation or are the two hogwiredfront speakers along with theiramp sufficient to getgoodpreformanceat highway speeds for driver and passenger?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:36 AM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: gizzmo

I was thinking of putting in a Howwired amp andfrontspeakers in my 04 electra gluide classicafter Christmas. Can anyone tell me if the rear radio powered pod speakers are worth the hassle of istallation or are the two hogwiredfront speakers along with theiramp sufficient to getgoodpreformanceat highway speeds for driver and passenger?
Thanks in advance for your help.
You're asking a very good question. I have the Hogtunes ultra system which I got for a very good price of around $350. It includes 2 speakers, an amp, and 2 pods. I already had 2 upgrade speakers for the front.

Sorry I can't answer your question by saying you will love the system if you buy it. I like the way it sounds and looks. The rear pods however are more for the driver rather than the passenger because they nearly get covered up when 2 up.

Also, keep in mind the Hogtunes and Hawgwired are 2 different companies. Hawgwired cost 3 to 4 times what hogtunes costs.

Hawgwired : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HAWG-...sid=p1638.m118

Hogtunes: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOGTU...QQcmdZViewItem

PM me if you want more info on the Hogtunes.

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/A3A00851518246C4A12678F1DFD7BE57.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/14366/4D07FE8D164A41A68EE33D04403F1C40.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-24-2007, 02:33 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

JBL - J&M or Hog Tunes seem to be the Fav's here on the forum...

Old 12-24-2007, 03:55 AM
biz44
Outstanding HDF Member

I read the thread from a few weeks ago and after several members installed the JBL 527's I bought a pair off ebay.....I have a bunch of stuff to do inside my Batwing....new oil temp gauge, antenna, XM set-up, Clearview recurve.....I have everything on hand but the oil temp gauge. As soon as that comes in I will open the faring, and do everything at once.
I got the JBL's for about $40 shipped brand new in the box 2 ohm......they should be a good enough improvement over the OEM units.....and if they aint what I am looking for...no harm no foul....I will put them in my Bronco and just go with a set of Hawg-Wired and be done with it!

Old 12-24-2007, 04:14 AM
2fas4u2
Intermediate

check out hellsfoundry.com...great sounding system...ive actually heard them and was impressed...remember the importance of the marine speaker aspect regardless of what you decide...some individuals will put car audio designed speakers on their bikes, but forget about the weatherproofing and then cant ride in foul weather...the system at hells foundry is a marine application as are the jm, hawgtunes, hogwired, etc...though it is pricey its pretty impressive imo...and im talking about the polk momos with the amp, not the polk db's...though this setup is marketed for the RG it should work for the EG as well...check it out

Old 12-24-2007, 06:51 AM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Harley amp with the hogtune speakers at all 4 corners on my Ultra-works fine.I had the Harley amp put on before I picked up the bike,would probably have gone aftermarket if I hadnt been in a daze at the time.Lots of info in search but its mainly a matter of how much you want to spend

Quick Reply: Question on Speakers