Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultima Low profile touring shocks

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 11:27 PM
g.saia
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultima Low profile touring shocks

Well, since 2004 , when i bought a new 2003 roadking , I have tried so many pair of low shocks , wish i had ten dollars for every pair I have tried and been disappointed , Yes i am picky , the stock 13 inch shocks ride pretty good , but other low profile shocks never came thru with a decent ride , Harley , progressive , smooth ride , Platinum air shcoks , all had their down spots, priced high but did not deliver , a decent ride , But Finally found a low Profile air shock , that measures about 11 3/4 inches but nearly ride as good as good as stocks , in some ways better and the price , $ 127.95 shipped to the door , Chrome Ultima new ( to me ) Low profile replacement shocks ride as good as they look , the stock number states a heavy duty spring , and when you shake them , it seems to very full of heavier fluid than Harley's , You can feel it , but not hear it like harley , I weigh about 170 # , 5'5" , short legs and with my Mustang seat , and Lugz boots , I stand above my seat , balance seems good , and the ride dampens the bumps and chuck holes so much better than anything low I have tried and I have tried nearly all out there , so much money and so much diappointment , but The guys at Eastern Performance on ebay , had the best price and delivered so fast I was shocked , and the shockis lower than harley low profile shocks by at least a 1/4 inch , A true one inch drop from the stock harley shock and rides as good and in some ways betterkeeps the tire more to the ground but without jarring the butt . It dampens like it should , I am proud to say I got more than my money's worth for the first time , . Also try the shocks out , and change your front end fluid to Amsoil Shock Therapy # 10 Medium , and I thought I had a new bike , sits low and rides great finally , tried lowering kits for front , tried nearly all of them went back to stock but went to Amsoil # 10 front fluid and it was like , riding a new 08 Road Glide My Butt can testify to the truth , no vibration in the *** - end at 90 , except for the slight bagger wobble , Yes it is there , No HD says it ain't , Right ? I am picky , Yes 1 , want it short and comfortable , hard to find , but did it , 150 % to Utlma and Eastern Performace and ride good and save bucks , No I am ain't paid for the story either ! Like the Duke , says " No Brag , just Fact , Gary

Old 02-18-2008, 11:58 PM
ultra96rider
Intermediate
Default RE: Ultima Low profile touring shocks

Are these brand CHROME ULTIMA shocks black like stock, have a rubber boot to protect the shaft and the air option.

Can you advise the difference between the Screaming Eagle fork oil and the AMSOIL fork oil. I use their oil for the engine and trans, was not aware they had fork oil available.

Thanks

Old 02-19-2008, 12:15 AM
g.saia
Stage III

Glad someone responded , I have only seen The Ultima Low profile shocks in Chrome , they may have them in Black , ask the guys at Eastern Performance on Ebay , They look just like the Harley low Profile shocks , Boot and all , but the ride is night and day and they are a little lower , , when you are short like me , every millimeter counts , One inch lower than stock shocks , Harley are only 3/4 inch lower than stock , Not 1 inch like HD says . I have tried the Screaming Eagle with a Progressive 1 inch lowering kit for the front , the ride was a little too stiff , did , not want my headlight jumping at night , Stock front end with Amsoil Shock Therapy # 10 works , they have it is New and Amsoil sells and in stock It dampens better than any I have tried , it totally synthetic and it works , read the info on it , I tried , 2 friends also did and said WOW , what a difference , Texas not noted for the best roads . Pure fact, G. saia

Old 02-19-2008, 12:34 AM
Emporers New Clothes
Cruiser

Hey these go from 9 inches to 12

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...2BSI%26otn%3D8

Old 04-01-2015, 10:51 AM
hdpartsdude
Stage III

Are you still running these Ultima Lowered Touring shocks? If so, how have they held up?

Thanks!