Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duels or 2 into 1

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:09 AM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: True duels or 2 into 1

I am running a homemade 2-1 with a very, very,modified muffler. I love the thunderheader. Some day I will be able to afford a thunderheader, but for now I am looking forone thunderheaderslip on. My friend just installed a Fatcat on his 95" and it sounds wicked. It has become a very close second choice now You can always install a 2-1 and a ghost pipe if you prefer the looks of duals. That way you have your cake and eat it too. I prefer the 2-1 look..

Old 04-17-2008, 09:14 AM
2008FLHP
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

2-1 for me...it all looks the same when i'm riding!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:34 AM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2-1 for me too....

Fatcat is hard to beat, but the SuperTrapp is good too. ThunderHeaders sound good.

The looks of two bigazz mufflers poken out the back of a nice Bagger just looks silly to me. [8D]

Old 04-17-2008, 09:38 AM
lkr0
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

you CALI boys would not be caught dead without Thunderheaders -- I like them

ORIGINAL: scootertramp

I just pulled my Thunderheader off my hot rod evo to do a little welding and powdercoating on it. I put my dual shotgun fishtails onher till I'm done. It was like putting a restrictor plate in the carb. I almost don't want to ride it. Took my ol' lady for a spin on it a couple of days ago and she wanted to know what was wrong with her. You can't beat a 2:1 for performance. I've got a 2:1 Rinehart on my Road Glide. Wish now I had gone with a ThunderHeader. I've run Thunderheaders on Shovels and Evos. Best performing pipe I've ever run! If I ever get another 7 bills, there'll be one on my Road Glide Kelsey! All the rich crack dealers down in Oakland are running the true dual Thunderheaders on their top of the line, wheelie poppin dressers and they sound awesome! I still prefer 2:1 but those dual THeaders are something to behold!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
sweet07
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: CREEPSHOW

I am running a homemade 2-1 with a very, very,modified muffler. I love the thunderheader. Some day I will be able to afford a thunderheader, but for now I am looking forone thunderheaderslip on. My friend just installed a Fatcat on his 95" and it sounds wicked. It has become a very close second choice now You can always install a 2-1 and a ghost pipe if you prefer the looks of duals. That way you have your cake and eat it too. I prefer the 2-1 look..
Good point. That 2n1 do sound nice!

Old 04-17-2008, 12:39 PM
a911scanner
Cruiser

I'm still learnin' here, so don't go on a rip fest if this seems like a dumb statement (question)...

I'm still in the "listen to other peoples pipes" mode to decide what to do. If I decide to do 2 into 1or True duals,I would need to have a fuel management system vs. doing slip-ons where I wouldn't need a box... is this a correct statement?

MM

Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

I've read that a change in exhaust does not require remapping or a fuel management system, though that is usually the next step that most people take along with the new A/C. If you change the A/C, that requires remapping or the fms.

My mechanics folks all agreed that the 2-1 gave better performance than a 2-2. They couldn't agree on which one. 2-2's look nice, so its basically weighing which way you want to go. A small loss in performance can be lived with if you still have plenty of power to get into trouble and like the looks and sound.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:47 PM
SCRider
Cruiser

Its is simply looks vs. performance. 2 into 1's look great on one side. But I think that when a 2 into 1 bagger is viewed from the rear or the left side the absence of the left pipe makes the bike look funny, sorry. The offset to that is the increased performance. If you really want the increased performance of the 2 into 1 system, I'd get the 2 into 1 thunderheader with the false left side exhaust for balance.

Old 04-17-2008, 12:53 PM
CREEPSHOW
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: a911scanner

I'm still learnin' here, so don't go on a rip fest if this seems like a dumb statement (question)...

I'm still in the "listen to other peoples pipes" mode to decide what to do. If I decide to do 2 into 1or True duals,I would need to have a fuel management system vs. doing slip-ons where I wouldn't need a box... is this a correct statement?

MM
No!.... A fuel management is needed either way. Some people say it isn't needed, there's run fine, but there is a difference between running fine and running right! Slip on only, just don't show the effects/signs by it self as much as with an a/c but it IS running leaner. They are lean from the factory, this doesn't help any.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:03 PM
OregonRoadKing
Tourer

You're probably right. It's safer to be sure. Do the whole stage 1 and get it dyno'd so everything is tuned right. It's too important to try and save a couple of hundred buck and find out you made the wrong choice. You'll be happier in the long run doing the whole stage 1 at the same time.

Quick Reply: True duels or 2 into 1