Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSM/TSSM

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 06:56 AM
Kenr427
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSM/TSSM

I bought a Turn signal control module to replace my turn signal/security module (because the turn signals would not work) The turn signals now function properly but the engine starts and shuts down, like its the security system. Do I have to marry the Turn Signal control module to the bike, like you would have to for a replacement TSSM?

Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: TSM/TSSM

https://www.hdforums.com/m_67806/tm.htm

Copy and paste the directions into word file, and print out. Put a battery charger on the battery to keep if from wearing down during proceduce. Most often it takes multiple times to perfrom for some reason and it will wear down the battery.

Good luck.

Old 04-20-2008, 07:39 AM
choochoo
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

did you buythe correctHD part for your bike or aftermarket.

The ECM sends and receives a signal via the TSM /TSSM for the engineto run properly.
Read the DAMN Electronics MANUAL!!
Oh that's right like so many others her you probably don't own one!!!

That and the service manual explain how and whereit needs to be located and wired
and what to do and check in event of defective operation!!!!!

Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,187 Likes on 2,454 Posts

ORIGINAL: choochoo

The ECM sends and receives a signal via the TSM /TSSM for the engineto run properly.

That and the service manual explain how and whereit needs to be located and wired
that was such a helpful post choo. seems to me to be a waste of bandwidth. why do you take every opportunity available to either, bitch about the moco, or turn someone else's problem into your own, or talk about how awesome you are and everyone else is just a dumb hick?

after having read many of your replies on posts, it got me to wondering. what exactly are your 'qualifications'? if someone is gonna take it upon themself to 'teach' me something, i want to know exactly why i should even bother to listen to you. are you hd certified? ase? backyard mechanic? what makes your 'advice' any more reliable than anyone elses here?

oh, and btw, your post on everyone being a p*uss*y and not riding all the time made me feel so guilty that i had to go out and ride. didn't matter that there was a blizzard going on, i thought to myself, 'what would choo do, he would ride!' so i went ahead and rode. came to the first curve, lost traction and wiped out, i think i bent my frame. oh well, you'll be hearing from my lawyer later this week.....

Old 04-20-2008, 10:40 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

(okay, i made up that last bit about wiping out.....i live in la, it don't snow here. well not much anyway)

Old 04-20-2008, 10:53 AM
choochoo
Banned

Because so many of you AZZEs (not all) come here wanting anything and everything for NOTHING.
so many are too cheap for whatever reason to buy the DAMN MANUALS for your
Bikes!!!
It's one thing to have a manual and not have enough experience and be confused and need a little extra help.
But it's totally another thing to come here with nothing!!
In his post he did NOT mention if it is an OEM part he is having problems with or an AFTERMARKET product.
Give us ALL THE DAMN INFORMATION.
If it is OEM I have no problem looking up the relative info in my 98, 01 and 06 manual and at least try to help if you are confused and if I have the time.
But if you won't buy your own manual and you want us to give you everything for free?
and the OEM manual does not have all the information, wiring diagrams etc for the myriad amount of aftermarket part out there. And I venture to say no one here has all the spec sheets from every manufacturer at their house or shop as it applies to every year make and model of Harley they could possibly fit!
What business profession are you in??? I bet there is something in it that is relative to this!!
so Skratch if you don't like my attitude KISS OFF!!!
ORIGINAL: skratch

that was such a helpful post choo. seems to me to be a waste of bandwidth. why do you take every opportunity available to either, bitch about the moco, or turn someone else's problem into your own, or talk about how awesome you are and everyone else is just a dumb hick?

after having read many of your replies on posts, it got me to wondering. what exactly are your 'qualifications'? if someone is gonna take it upon themself to 'teach' me something, i want to know exactly why i should even bother to listen to you. are you hd certified? ase? backyard mechanic? what makes your 'advice' any more reliable than anyone elses here?

oh, and btw, your post on everyone being a p*uss*y and not riding all the time made me feel so guilty that i had to go out and ride. didn't matter that there was a blizzard going on, i thought to myself, 'what would choo do, he would ride!' so i went ahead and rode. came to the first curve, lost traction and wiped out, i think i bent my frame. oh well, you'll be hearing from my lawyer later this week.....

Old 04-20-2008, 10:59 AM
choochoo
Banned

Oh BTW about you going out and ride in a blizzard. well that's your own damn fault.
1. For being so stupid for doing so (I never said to ride in a storm)
2. For not being able to recognize your limitations on being able to ride and maintain
control of your own bike whenever and where ever!
Like your mom probably told you when you were a little boy" if everyone else jumped off a cliff would you do it too?" Stupid is as stupid does!!
ORIGINAL: skratch

Old 04-20-2008, 11:04 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hay choochoo,

I'm sure you have a copy of the DAMN Electronics MANUAL.

How about hook the nooby up and put it on your flat bed scanner and post a copy of the pertinant info!!!

Oh, that's right like so many others here with out a flat bed scanner you probabally don't own one either!!!

Well a bit of help ful info would suffice! You do have a manual don't you?

Can't you cut the guy some slack? He's only trying to do things for himself.

We are all so sorry of your situation with H-D and its products.

Bust on those with a little bit higher post count about the manuals.

(obtw, I've got 3 scanners, only have two hooked up to this machine right now,and no I don't have the electronics manual yet, I've found everthing that I've needed to date in the FSM and IPB that I do have, else I'd scan it for you, but I've followed that link above that I've posted when I installed my TSSM and it has worked wellfor me.)

Old 04-20-2008, 11:09 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Because so many of you AZZEs (not all) come here wanting anything and everything for NOTHING.
so many are too cheap for whatever reason to buy the DAMN MANUALS for your
Bikes!!!
It's one thing to have a manual and not have enough experience and be confused and need a little extra help.
But it's totally another thing to come here with nothing!!
In his post he did NOT mention if it is an OEM part he is having problems with or an AFTERMARKET product.
Give us ALL THE DAMN INFORMATION.
If it is OEM I have no problem looking up the relative info in my 98, 01 and 06 manual and at least try to help if you are confused and if I have the time.
But if you won't buy your own manual and you want us to give you everything for free?
and the OEM manual does not have all the information, wiring diagrams etc for the myriad amount of aftermarket part out there. And I venture to say no one here has all the spec sheets from every manufacturer at their house or shop as it applies to every year make and model of Harley they could possibly fit!
What business profession are you in??? I bet there is something in it that is relative to this!!
so Skratch if you don't like my attitude KISS OFF!!!
to answer your question, i'm retired military.

now, how about answering the ones i asked? and to add to it, who made you the post police? what gives you the right to determine if a poster exhibited a satisfactory amount of effort before asking his question? hey, here's an idea, if you don't think he did, then just stfu and don't answer. that would be better than ******* him out for not having the manual.

take a look at rams answer to the original post. very straight forward. no condescending and very helpful. maybe you could take a lesson or two.

Old 04-20-2008, 11:11 AM
Erdnase
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=popcorn.gif]I have my manuals and I ride in all weather, but I swear somedays this forum is just as fun!

Quick Reply: TSM/TSSM