Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Light Adjusting Sunglasses?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 02:39 AM
DeputyMike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Light Adjusting Sunglasses?

I'm hoping to find a nice pair of light adjusting sunglasses for the wife and I, and am looking for your suggestions. I am sick of getting caught out at dusk or later with just my dark sunglasses, and even if I remember my other glasses, hate swapping out lenses. Anyone have luck with some high-quality glasses that actually work both day and night? Thanks!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 02:57 AM
BRO
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Light Adjusting Sunglasses?

I went and picked out thesun glasses that I liked and wrote down the model number and the manufacture information. Took that info to my optometrist and he looked up the manufacture code, got a hold of the company and found out that prescription glasses could be added. So he ordered the frames from the company and then had them send in to where ever he sends them to and had night and day lenses with my prescription added to the frames.After I orderedmy first pair and tried them out for a whileI ordered a second pair forback up. This is one option, there are others. Not all sun glasses can have prescription lenses added so pick out a couple of pairs that you can live with and your doctor can varify with the company that makes them. Good luck.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:09 AM
SoCal_Pappy
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They're Ok but the glasses never changed dark enough for my liking...

Old 05-27-2008, 03:10 AM
captjon37
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a pair of wiley x slyde Rx with transitions from optics planet. I asked them about complaints with the transitions not getting dark enough and the lady i spoke to told me that she would tint the transitions lenses with gray 1. They have a light gray tint that is not noticeable at night but helps them get darker in the daylight. They work perfectly and the price was right. Check out the website then give them a call. They have a great selection.

Old 05-27-2008, 03:33 AM
dt20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wiley x is the way to go. I spoke with an optomotrist about these and told me to let them sit out in the light all day long that it would help with the transition part to get a little darker. they said they dont get as dark as some straight dark lenses. i got mine dark enough for my liking.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:06 AM
DeputyMike
Tourer

ORIGINAL: dt20

wiley x is the way to go. I spoke with an optomotrist about these and told me to let them sit out in the light all day long that it would help with the transition part to get a little darker. they said they dont get as dark as some straight dark lenses. i got mine dark enough for my liking.

...Thanks DT, Iwas just looking at those on Ebay.Afteryou left them out to darken them up, did theystill return to pretty clear when it got dark?

Old 05-27-2008, 05:03 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Once you have worn a set of Photo-Greys you will be hooked forever.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:13 AM
RattleTrap
Advanced

I'll add another vote for Wiley X's - Dark enough during the day and a slight but not noticible tint at night.

Old 05-27-2008, 05:29 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with Panoptx ones, with the transition lenses as well. They fit me better then the WileyX ones or the HD ones.

Steve

Old 05-27-2008, 05:56 AM
GoBison
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: SoCal_Pappy

They're Ok but the glasses never changed dark enough for my liking...
Wiley-X with transitions seem pretty good. I'm used tohow they work- been wearing transition (PhotoGray) lenses in my regular specs the last 20 yrs. I ran across this site after I got my Wiley's - http://www.drivewearlens.com/effect.phpI like the technology - lens will darken even behind glass. I've seen them on Optics Planet http://www.opticsplanet.net/polarized-sunglasses.htmlbut don't have any experience with that site.

Quick Reply: Light Adjusting Sunglasses?