Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free Fix for Touring Wobble

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:52 AM
FL450
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not being judgmental, but that must be an out of state sweeper. I don't think Florida has any sweepers.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a few sweeper now that the highways have gotten wider. But have rode some nice ones up North.
Still.........

Old 05-30-2015, 11:41 PM
tomthacker
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 05 Heritage Softail that I bought in November of last year. I have rode in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio. the bike was solid as a rock for a couple of thousand miles. Then about a month ago I started to pass a truck and the thing started to wobble. I slowed down and it quit but it was a bit unnerving. After that it has happened again, mostly at about 70-80 mph. Now it is happening at about 60-65 mph. This isn't when leaning into a hard curve, it still handles that great, but when I'm cruising along at a consistent speed it will start to wobble.

Old 05-31-2015, 07:11 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,853 Likes on 2,420 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by tomthacker
I have an 05 Heritage Softail that I bought in November of last year. I have rode in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio. the bike was solid as a rock for a couple of thousand miles. Then about a month ago I started to pass a truck and the thing started to wobble. I slowed down and it quit but it was a bit unnerving. After that it has happened again, mostly at about 70-80 mph. Now it is happening at about 60-65 mph. This isn't when leaning into a hard curve, it still handles that great, but when I'm cruising along at a consistent speed it will start to wobble.
Tom, your bike being a softail doesn't have the inherent wobble-related design of the rubber-mount touring bikes, so you have to look for different causes of your problem. They include tyre pressures and wear, also steering head bearings. If you need more help I suggest you start a new thread over in the Softail section, where you will find our experts.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:51 AM
rottweilerhog
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trust someone who knows...

Here's a free fix...I ride my SG pretty hard. In fact harder than just about anyone. And I'm not saying that I'm special because I'm not. I'm just saying that I ride my SG really hard. Also, this is my first hog coming off of a 200mph Hayabusa and I've experienced it in a lot different scenarios but never under 75mph. So if you're gonna ride hard then you need to know that when your bike starts to wobble just twist the throttle. It straightens it out every time. Don't slow down because in that case it gets worse before it gets better. Twist that throttle as far you can right when you feel it.

PS...I will add that since I've added air ride on both the front and rear and am riding a few inches lower than stock it happens a whole lot less.