Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing Jacket Liner Size Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 10:17 AM
timbakersr
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gerbing Jacket Liner Size Question

Does anyone have the Liner that is made by Gerbing and it is a 52/36. The sizing chart they use is different. They don't use lg, xl, xxl, etc..
So I'm 5'10 200lbs. and I have a chest thats 48".
I need to know how tight these things are supposed to fit or not. I can buy one online but don't know how its gonna fit without trying on.
Thanks for any help and I know there is a whole lot of folks out there with they're products.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:24 AM
Cruise
Advanced

You can take their fitting chart to the bank. It's accurate, very much so. All you have to do is figure out if you will be wearing more than they suggest, which is a long sleeve shirt of moderate weight. Any thing heavier or in more layers is not needed but if you choose to do so you might consider a larger size. Other than that you do want it to fit snug so that it does it's job of warming efficiently.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:25 AM
gregbenner
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same issue, fortunately the local BMW dealer stocks them.

I'd try calling Gerbings direct, they are very nice and are knowledgable about their product. Also, I beleive they have an excellent return policy if it didn't fit.

I rode a couple hundred miles yesterday in the mountains in the 30s Not cold at all ( I have the G3 heated gloves and pant liners as well).

Old 12-14-2008, 11:15 AM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

The jacket liner sizing from Gerbings works so/so.

I wear a 2XL flannel shirt for example, and their 5836 fits me well. I like it lose, and it is. I have a 52 chest AND gut! HAHA. A 5636 would be about 2XL.

The pants........their sizing chart sucks

I ended up with medium tall and not at all the size from the chart. Didn't come close to fitting... I dont know if they were the same or not, I returned (no refund yet either) and bought Harley pants.

Ummmmmmmm Harley clothes are definitely one-step down on the quality scale... same MFG or not.

Old 12-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Cruise
Advanced

Well, although Harley heated clothing is made by Gerbing it is made to Harley's specs. Their specs being a little less than Gerbings. Less heat tracing coils...meaning less wire thus less heat for about the same price. You know as well as I that people are so differently built. Unless something is custom trailered there can only be so many sizes. But for the most part the Gerbings sizes are as close as you can get. There are always those with a belly that sticks out over their waste so far they can not see their shoe strings and those with arms that drag the ground when they walk. But these people probably have the same problem getting any clothes to fit LOL Just saying that Gerbings sizes if you measure are exactly like they say they are for the majority of people.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I used the Gerbing's size chart on their website and ended up with a 54/34 and it's a perfect fit. I normally wear a 17.5x34 inch shirt, or XXL.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:13 PM
Pop Pop
Cruiser

Originally Posted by timbakersr
Does anyone have the Liner that is made by Gerbing and it is a 52/36. The sizing chart they use is different. They don't use lg, xl, xxl, etc..
So I'm 5'10 200lbs. and I have a chest thats 48".
I need to know how tight these things are supposed to fit or not. I can buy one online but don't know how its gonna fit without trying on.
Thanks for any help and I know there is a whole lot of folks out there with they're products.
I have the 48/34 and I'm 5'9 ~210. You best try on one before buying. I too found them at the BMW dealer. They want you to buy one really snug to wear over only one layer of clothing. I couldn't hack that. Couldn't bend my elbows. I do only wear a long tshirt under it, but got one size longer sleeve. Best investment I've made for riding.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:55 PM
timbakersr
Cruiser

Also does anyone know if the cig lighter in my EG will put enough power out or is it best to go to battery. Becouse they have a cig lighter adapter too.

Old 12-14-2008, 04:19 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Tim, I think I would go directly to the battery. The wires on the lighter socket look a bit thin to me, although I must admit I know next to nothing about electrical stuff.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:07 PM
wurk_truk
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Do the battery. Its easy, and all the clothes will come with a hook-up. I was kinda **** when I did the hook-up. I did TWO hook-ups. That way if fuse blew... it would NOT be cold and at night............... Need two hook-ups for 2-up, anyway.

BUY the controller, though. Works GREAT!!!! I have the double controller, and it's nice to keep gloves kinda cool, while everything else is toasty warm.

I really like my heated clothing.

The internet sizing worked well for jacket, but I DID follow all directions for pants, and received a pair that I couldn't get over my legs, let alone the butt/*** portion. I wear 40/32 pants, and bought LARGE from HD. So, maybe the medium was just enough off....

THESE gloves are absolutely terrific! They're great!

Last edited by wurk_truk; 12-14-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Gerbing Jacket Liner Size Question