Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

Old 01-28-2009, 07:34 AM
09StreetGlider
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info

OK, I posted in a different thread that I finally purchased a PC-V with auto tune for my 09 Street Glide and I believe I have read every thread on this subject that has appeared on this forum. (I know, new thread, please don't blast me, I have a reason....hopefully good)

I have done much reading about the different tuners available and how to install them and tweak them, though most of it went right over my head as I know very little about tuning. I'm dying for more information about how to play with my new toy when it gets here!

I would like this thread to be the place for PC-V users to post their install and tuning tips, auto tune experiences, and any experienced based information for PC-V and auto tune. Including installs on pre-09 bikes, ABS, or whatever else applies. Maybe one day there will be enough info to make a sticky??? I have posted this in the Touring section due to the peculiarities of TBW and ABS, if it needs to move to the EFI section then so be it.

So, if you have PC-V or PC-V with auto tune....Please post away...or link to your previous posts so this becomes useful. I will post my findings once I get it and install it.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
So, if you have PC-V or PC-V with auto tune....Please post away...or link to your previous posts so this becomes useful. I will post my findings once I get it and install it.
I did a long-winded write-up of installing the PCV and AT here. Much of it involves tweaking the install for an '07 SG, as Dynojet does not support the PCV on any HD earlier than '09 and their install instructions were not totally pertinent to my bike. It will work on '07-'08 bikes and Fuel Moto supports and warrants these applications. Although no one has tried it yet, to my knowledge, the PCV and AT should work on any Delphi bike back as early as '02. Of course those without O2-sensor bungs on the exhaust will need to install them if you want to use Auto-Tune.

After living with it for two weeks I think it is a winner, especially with AT installed. If I owned an '07 or '08 with a PCIII installed I probably wouldn't upgrade to a PCV alone unless I planned on doing future mods to the bike, in which case I would definitely buy the Auto-Tune kit.

Last edited by iclick; 01-28-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:29 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

In the next several weeks we should have PC-V and Auto Tune applications available for the 02-06 bikes as well.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-28-2009, 01:10 PM
BigD64
Tourer

The maps for the 09 103ci police models would be nice too. I'm holding off on buying the PCV until I know the maps will be available.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:15 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
In the next several weeks we should have PC-V and Auto Tune applications available for the 02-06 bikes as well.
So you decided to extend the retrofit kits back to '02 after all, I see. Not a bad idea since this is a fine tool and others will want it.

Old 01-31-2009, 01:53 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

Went to the dyno today to establish a baseline before adding my PCV, autotune, and Jackpot dynotuned mufflers.

Current configuration: 2009 Street Glide, HD Stage 1 103" with flat top pistons and stock heads and stock cams, S/E stage 1 air cleaner, S/E mufflers, Stage 1 ECM download, No Fuel Management device.

Peak HP: 81 Peak TQ: 94

Let's see what happens when the ups truck arrives and I get my Fuelmoto Power Package!

Attached Thumbnails Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info-run-1-4-31jan2009.jpg  
Old 01-31-2009, 02:45 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 09StreetGlider
Went to the dyno today to establish a baseline before adding my PCV, autotune, and Jackpot dynotuned mufflers.

Current configuration: 2009 Street Glide, HD Stage 1 103" with flat top pistons and stock heads and stock cams, S/E stage 1 air cleaner, S/E mufflers, Stage 1 ECM download, No Fuel Management device.

Peak HP: 81 Peak TQ: 94

Let's see what happens when the ups truck arrives and I get my Fuelmoto Power Package!
What you're doing will be very informative. Your TQ curve looks almost identical to my '07 SG TC96 (not a 103) with Fuel Moto's Power Package installed (PCIII with map, AC, and Jackpots). I have Rush mufflers with Jamie's baffles which are functionally identical to Jackpots, BTW. Your HP is 3.5 above that for my setup, which would be expected.

It'll be interesting to see what it looks like after you take a long ride and allow AT to tune each area of the map. I would take the bike into the shop thoroughly warmed up after a long ride running through all ranges. I would think that if you ride it to the shop cold your trim values may change compared to hot, as when it is dynoed it will be warmed up. Somebody correct me if any of this is misconception or overkill. Jamie?

Also, to anyone removing and/or installing O2 sensors, I suggest these tips: Jamie may be including this info in his own install instructions, but mine had none since it was the first unit Jamie shipped out and I was a guinea pig for '07 installs.

To remove the old sensors, warm the bike up and break the sensors loose slightly. Spray some penetrant spray on the threads and let sit for a few minutes. Turn the sensor inward a bit, then outward, repeating this 'til it is removed. If it resists don't force it but spray on some more penetrant and wait as before. If you force it you may damage the threads on the sensor or the bung. Ask me how I know this. Lastly, put some anti-sieze compound on the threads of the new sensors before inserting them.

Last edited by iclick; 01-31-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:22 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

For my baseline run today the tech was unable to get the sniffer past the SE muffler baffle. I wasn't worried about it today as he was not using it to tune, only to get an idea of where I was at prior to mods. He said my bike is the first 09 touring model he has had on the dyno.

Question: With my jackpot mufflers with 2 inch baffles will I have any issues with him getting the sniffer far enough up the stock head pipe to get accurate readings? Is there a way for him to tap into the WB O2 sensors of the auto tune system while he tunes the bike?

Old 01-31-2009, 05:43 PM
RickDeVon
Banned

Thanks Jamie for the 02-06 comming. Mine is stock now.......but not for long. Really wanted AT for the 06.
Next question is if I upgrade to 09 can I take it with me with new map?

Attached Thumbnails Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info-12321385429880.jpg  

Last edited by RickDeVon; 12-14-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2009, 05:49 PM
09StreetGlider
Road Master

They can be swapped to new bikes if you need to. Just need to remap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Power Commander 5 and Auto Tune Info