Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best rx riding glasses??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 04:00 AM
Jrsess
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts

DVX glasses by ***** are awesome. Got them at Walmart optical. Frames were 50 bucks. Safety rated, frames and lens with my prescription a hundred more. JR

Old 11-16-2014, 04:37 AM
alandchris
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
I've had a couple pair of RX riding glasses. Panoptics being one of them. The transition lenses work great. The removeable foam inserts offer great protection but I have yet to find a pair of RX riding glasses that don't distort due to the wrap of the lenses and I doubt I ever will.
I have a mild prescription so that is not the problem. You have to choose the glasses with the least amount of wrap.
I have the same problem. The issue is that the frame has a base 8 curve so the lens distorts. I needed a base 6 curve. I wound up using Liberty Sports frames. No foam, but these worked well for me - no issues with rain, dirt or wind even w/o the foam inserts.
FYI you have to ask which are the base 6 since they have both

Last edited by alandchris; 11-16-2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2014, 07:16 PM
d24112
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

These have worked really well for me with the inserts. I've even used them for skydiving. Pretty reasonable considering other glasses. Quick change out to clear for night use.
http://www.safetyglassesusa.com/genesis.html

Old 11-16-2014, 07:38 PM
Greezey Rider
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,493 Likes on 1,073 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
I have yet to find a pair of RX riding glasses that don't distort due to the wrap of the lenses and I doubt I ever will...
Try some prescription Maui Jim's...Mine wrap around as far as any glasses I've ever had and they don't have a bit of distortion.
They are very expensive....but worth every dime.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Wagney
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Wiley-X

I have some Wiley-X SG1 Rx they are great...

Old 11-17-2014, 04:58 AM
BlackPearl#1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 124 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by RacerBX1
7th Eye makes sweet riding glasses. They do RX and have transition lenses available. The foam around the glasses, which is removable for walking around will keep the wind out of your eyes, but allows them to breath. I have a pair and tested them to 100 mph on my Buell with no windscreen. Great optics and the only drawback is the price ($200 non RX and I think $250 with RX). You do get what you pay for, and these are worth every penny.
Plus 1. My eye doc recommended a brown tint and I LOVE them. There are also different levels. Be sure to get a level that goes to zero tint. Hope this helps
Kris

Old 11-17-2014, 06:33 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

I have a pair of Harley Profile glasses with my RX, photogrey, comfy, and with foam, had them for 8 years now. Script is getting old...

I have a newer pair of DV/X made by WileyX, and available at Walmart, that I REALLY like, no foam, but the shape keeps any wind off my eyes, also photogrey.

I would recommend getting the photogrey, good shades for daylight, and clear for night in the same pair.

Last edited by SafetyMan; 11-17-2014 at 06:36 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:12 AM
lt1-xjs
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts

I use the Liberty Free Spirit also. Wide lens, no line, poly transition and polarized from the local Eye Mart.

Old 11-17-2014, 09:59 AM
LazySundays
Road Captain
Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

I wear Liberty Sport Choppers. Foam side gaskets are magnetic so I can just pop them in on cold days.

They have a base 8 curve but I've never noticed any distortion with my rx and Transition lenses.

Old 11-17-2014, 06:27 PM
ZUTEDUFF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bought a pair of Wiley X- Gravity Black ops with my scrip..+bifocal, transition lenses under two hundred from this place...got the foam around the eyes....had em couple of years and still great. did buy a new foam piece from them about 6 months ago... This place www.rx-safety.com

Quick Reply: Best rx riding glasses??