Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best rx riding glasses??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 PM
pacbluultra
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Best rx riding glasses??

Well, it's getting to the point where I would like to have my glasses when I ride. The problem is that I like wearing the sunglasses style with the foam seals around the edges. I think there are several RX-able riding glasses out there but I would like to know which ones are really good and has anybody else used the transition lenses with them? Advice appreciated and thanks in advance!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:10 PM
farns
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No transitions or foam, but these Bole Boa's fit very nice around the eyes. I am wearing them in my avatar pic.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:18 PM
shakrr
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I took my Harley glasses with foam to my eye doctor and they put my prescription bi focal in them nice!

Old 02-01-2009, 06:20 PM
TNTHarley
Cruiser

I like my Panoptix or Eye7 Bola's. Fit well. Definitely get the transition lenses. Switching to regular glasses at night just doesn't work for me.

Old 02-01-2009, 06:26 PM
RacerBX1
Stage II

7th Eye makes sweet riding glasses. They do RX and have transition lenses available. The foam around the glasses, which is removable for walking around will keep the wind out of your eyes, but allows them to breath. I have a pair and tested them to 100 mph on my Buell with no windscreen. Great optics and the only drawback is the price ($200 non RX and I think $250 with RX). You do get what you pay for, and these are worth every penny.

Old 02-01-2009, 07:14 PM
sportyrider1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNTHarley
I like my Panoptix or Eye7 Bola's. Fit well. Definitely get the transition lenses. Switching to regular glasses at night just doesn't work for me.
+1 on the panoptix. log onto their site and find a eye doctor that carrys them near you. If you have optical insurance it may pay for them, mine consinders them prescription sunglasses and paid 100% as long as it was at a regular glasses shop

Old 02-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

I've had a couple pair of RX riding glasses. Panoptics being one of them. The transition lenses work great. The removeable foam inserts offer great protection but I have yet to find a pair of RX riding glasses that don't distort due to the wrap of the lenses and I doubt I ever will.
I have a mild prescription so that is not the problem. You have to choose the glasses with the least amount of wrap.

Old 02-01-2009, 08:42 PM
TheBagger
Road Master

You really should check any glasses out for fit, go try them on. I was thinking of getting some Panoptix and went to a place that had a good selection. After trying on many of their models I could not get anything to seal up around my eyes well. Found some WileyX that finally fit good. Of course I just can't bring myself to pop the 300 clams for them...

Old 02-01-2009, 08:56 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

i got panoptixs at local lens cutter with transition and bifocal. they offer several styles try to get removable foam with CLOSED CELL foam the open cell stuff will start to crumble when it gets old.

Old 02-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Screamin Steve
Cruiser

Wiley X for me. I bought the glasses from Wiley X and had my eye doc. put in prescription transitions in. The glasses I use(top jimmy) have a removable foam insert so you can wear the glasses off the bike as well.

Quick Reply: Best rx riding glasses??