Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My pipes are too loud. Recommend something else.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 06:22 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My pipes are too loud. Recommend something else.

I have a 2005 RKC with V&H true duals and Oval Slipons. The bike sounds awesome, but I;m getting tired of them. I was thinking about changing the slip ons to something more low-level deep rumble.

I want a pipe louder and deeper then the original factory pipes, but not as loud as the V&H Ovals.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-18-2009, 06:45 AM
Justmac
Advanced

I have the same set up and can attest to the fact there loud. It must be old age because I never thought I'd be saying that. I'll watch this thread for suggestions but right now I'm thinking of biting the bullet on a set of Rhineharts slip ons

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 AM
bunerosa
Cruiser

i was tired of mt ovals too
i bought a stock set off ebay for $15 and drilled out both ends with 3/4" bit sound is loud but you can talk to pass. while riding,deep on throttle and idle, other hog members say it sounds very good

Old 04-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

I wanted the same as you and I ended up with V&H Monster Ovals. They are just what I wanted.

Old 04-18-2009, 06:50 AM
rodeking
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Smile

I know the feeling. I have a set of V & H ovals and a set of 1.75 HD modified muffs in my shop. I finally got tired of hearing loss and hear plugs. I ride with a half helmet. I have a pair of the SE street/performance 4 inch cans on the ultra now. THey are a bit louder than stock, good tone and I can hold it on 80 mph all day without my ears bleeding. I cannot tell if I had any loss of power or not, but I do not think so.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:02 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Yeah, I've come full circle on this. I'm currently running V&H duals with Classic slip ons. Those mufflers are open 2" straight through and loud. Sounds great just hopping round town, but on the highway and for the long haul, my ears beg for mercy.

I'm going to try the Supertrapp SE muffs (which I believe are the HD SE mufflers of years past). 3db over stock volume and nice deep sound with good performance. I was looking at the Monster Ovals, but the price is outrageous.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:05 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Don't rule out Harley branded Screamin' Eagle Mufflers either. I have the Touring mufflers and they sound really good but are mild when not into the throttle. best part is they are 50 States EPA legal and stamped as such, so no hassles.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:08 AM
ffdharley3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a pair of SE slip ons I took off an 05 King. They have a nice deep rumble and arent too loud at all. I will sell em to ya for $75 + shipping.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Anthony8858
Road Master

Originally Posted by ffdharley3
I have a pair of SE slip ons I took off an 05 King. They have a nice deep rumble and arent too loud at all. I will sell em to ya for $75 + shipping.
I'm gonna give this some thought.

Weather is starting to break up here in NY, so I should be seeing a few bike rallies. I'll do some snooping, and see what catches my attention.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:30 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default pipes

Originally Posted by RODEO
Don't rule out Harley branded Screamin' Eagle Mufflers either. I have the Touring mufflers and they sound really good but are mild when not into the throttle. best part is they are 50 States EPA legal and stamped as such, so no hassles.
+1 on the se pipes.

Quick Reply: My pipes are too loud. Recommend something else.