Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EZ Pass under fairing Mount

Old 05-04-2009, 06:27 AM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile EZ Pass under fairing Mount

Guys I know this topic has been beat to death the EZ Pass Mounting Issue
But here goes has anyone mounted this behind the batwing fairing near the radio, I mean between the inner and outer fairing hidden. The reason Im asking is that I installed Pez HOGTUNES Tweeter set up and lost my windshield pouch as they dont work together!! So when I had the fairing apart I thought "what if I just velcroed the ez pass on the left side of the fairing near the clutch side would it work will the EZ Pass read thru the fiberglass???? Any thoughts thanks Bill

Old 05-04-2009, 06:30 AM
HDUltraRider
Banned

Originally Posted by daharleyrdr
Guys I know this topic has been beat to death the EZ Pass Mounting Issue
But here goes has anyone mounted this behind the batwing fairing near the radio, I mean between the inner and outer fairing hidden. The reason Im asking is that I installed Pez HOGTUNES Tweeter set up and lost my windshield pouch as they dont work together!! So when I had the fairing apart I thought "what if I just velcroed the ez pass on the left side of the fairing near the clutch side would it work will the EZ Pass read thru the fiberglass???? Any thoughts thanks Bill

That is where mine is mounted and I have had no issues, Mine is double faced taped to the inside of the outer fairing. I have the Hogtunes three for the freeway setup and there is no issue with the amp.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:32 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Why not just velcro it under the front slope of either saddlebag? It will work on either side (I have mine on the right side) and it's out of sight and lockable too. It fits nicely in the forward facing slope of the lid. Just make sure you mount it with "up" towards the sky.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:40 AM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Thumbs up

Thanks "HDULTRA RIDER" and "Rodeo" Ill try both locations, the saddlebag first then the fairing as I may Install the HOGTUNES Amp thanks guys!! Bill

Old 05-04-2009, 06:50 AM
cfmii11
Road Master

I've had mine under the fairing for two years, no problems.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:19 AM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by RODEO
Why not just velcro it under the front slope of either saddlebag? It will work on either side (I have mine on the right side) and it's out of sight and lockable too. It fits nicely in the forward facing slope of the lid. Just make sure you mount it with "up" towards the sky.
Same here, in the left bag...Works great....

Old 05-04-2009, 07:21 AM
UALCapt
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found the saddlebag to be iffy, but under the fairing works great!

Old 05-04-2009, 07:23 AM
capt_caveman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep mine inside the tourpak with no problems.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

Mine wont work in the saddle bag. I tried both sides, then I found out I had a bad transponder and got it replaced. Still not working. I will try the left side again and if no go there it will be in the fairing.

Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
jharanin
Road Master

I just had a situation where mine was mounted to the windshield went to go thru the toll at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel and it wouldn't read it. I actually had to pull it off and hand it to the toll guy. Got over to 64 and buzzed right thru the EZ Pass booth no problems. I've had it in my hard bags and it has read it but I would be a little hesitant under the fairing just because of the incident at the bay bridge.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: EZ Pass under fairing Mount