Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wobble Fixed for $3 ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
brunswickoh
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bnelele
I had a 08 105th uc and lost it due to bagger wobble.
Of course you did! It's no wonder that people aren't laying on the ground everyday all across this world because of this terribly unsafe bike. You crashed, it sucks, stop blaming the bike.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Here's me and a buddy headed to Sturgis. I fixed mine with some bamboo sticks JB welded together.

that a Stick Glide?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Will $3 fix this?

If those are OEM Harley teeth, just ingor-em for a while and they'll eventually fall off. If you can find-em, hav-em chromed and reinstall with JB Weld.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:03 PM
RoadKingRon1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
If those are OEM Harley teeth, just ingor-em for a while and they'll eventually fall off. If you can find-em, hav-em chromed and reinstall with JB Weld.

If they were OEM it would be "that's normal" or "they all do that".....

Old 05-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Dennis Murawski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brunswickoh
Of course you did! It's no wonder that people aren't laying on the ground everyday all across this world because of this terribly unsafe bike. You crashed, it sucks, stop blaming the bike.
Now I'm not taking sides in this whizzing contest, but you young ones probably don't remember this fairy tale.

Once upon a time, in a far away land, there was a company that made and sold a form of basic transportation. It designed a cute little unit that was very popular in the marketplace. It looked like everyone was going to live happily ever after until one of those cute little units was struck in the ****. Lo and behold, the thing burst into flames. Now, this caused a conundrum for the company King. So the King called all of his horses and all of his men to the corporate round table. They thunked and they thunked until their thunkers were sore until the Black Knight rose to talk. In a tone with much authority he said, "Well we can fix the damn thing, but it will cost a couple of bucks per unit, or we could just deal with the injuries on a case by case basis and save some money." The End.

Old 05-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Dennis Murawski
Now I'm not taking sides in this whizzing contest, but you young ones probably don't remember this fairy tale.

Once upon a time, in a far away land, there was a company that made and sold a form of basic transportation. It designed a cute little unit that was very popular in the marketplace. It looked like everyone was going to live happily ever after until one of those cute little units was struck in the ****. Lo and behold, the thing burst into flames. Now, this caused a conundrum for the company King. So the King called all of his horses and all of his men to the corporate round table. They thunked and they thunked until their thunkers were sore until the Black Knight rose to talk. In a tone with much authority he said, "Well we can fix the damn thing, but it will cost a couple of bucks per unit, or we could just deal with the injuries on a case by case basis and save some money." The End.
Corvair?

Old 05-12-2009, 06:35 PM
Dennis Murawski
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clint55
Corvair?
Here's a hint: "marked with spots or blotches of a different color."

Old 05-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its like anything that is made in the auto industry....just because the Moco improved on something does not mean what was improved was broke to begin with....its just an improvement. everything made makes a transition eventually, its called evolution to improve. how many touring model bikes were made using the same frame? If there was something that bad or wrong with all those touring bikes built with that particular frame the Moco would prolly been sued out of business long ago. I've had harleys for the past 15+ years and never experienced the "wobble" and hope I don't! But seems a few people complaining about it are prolly riding the bike to its limits....if you want to race a bike, an FLT would not be my first choice. you don't see nascar racing RV's do ya? I think its great that the Moco made improvements and hope they continue to do so. some people don't like change (just mention water cooling on here....lol) and some complain there isn't enough change. Just my .02

Old 05-12-2009, 06:49 PM
UltraKla$$ic
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis Murawski
Here's a hint: "marked with spots or blotches of a different color."

I wouldn't GIVE you $3 bucks for this POS!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Clint55
Road Warrior

I wouldn't GIVE you $3 bucks for this POS!
That's right. Now I remember. The Corvair had the tank in front that exploded and made Ralph Nader famous.

Quick Reply: Wobble Fixed for $3 ???