Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best spray on - rinse off cleaner???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 08:47 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Best spray on - rinse off cleaner???

Looking for something to give a real quick wash in between thorough washes. Which I rarely do. Like if I get caught in the rain. Something to get the light grime and surface dirt off without having to take several hours to do it. I have read the S100 is basically the same as Simple Green which is not good for waxed surfaces. There is also Bike Brite, Meguiars, Pig Snot. So which is the best for not leaving spots or residue and still safe for waxed and polished surfaces???

Old 07-04-2009, 04:49 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
Looking for something to give a real quick wash in between thorough washes. Which I rarely do. Like if I get caught in the rain. Something to get the light grime and surface dirt off without having to take several hours to do it. I have read the S100 is basically the same as Simple Green which is not good for waxed surfaces. There is also Bike Brite, Meguiars, Pig Snot. So which is the best for not leaving spots or residue and still safe for waxed and polished surfaces???
I use regular car-wash concentrate, about a capful or two to a gallon of water (never measured precisely). It works well for all but the oily grime, and for that I'll spray on some Simple Green, but like you say I would keep that away from waxed surfaces. I mostly use that on the engine and along the front and underside areas of the bike where road grime occurs. Also, SG is good for wheels and rotors.

Another trick is to use Rejex in lieu of regular wax, which makes the wash job easier. Originally formulated for the aircraft industry to keep wings and frontal surfaces free of bugs and exhaust deposits, it has also caught on with enthusiast car and MC owners. I've used it for about eight months and it works well, most notably to ease the removal of love bugs on the front of the bike. With the exception of love bugs all that's needed to routinely clean the front of the bike is a damp microfiber cloth and water with minimal rubbing. In fact, most bugs come off with a wipe from a California Duster. For love bugs I moisten with water and after a minute or so just wipe them off, again with little rubbing.

Rejex also works to repel dust, which is useful for those of us with dark-colored bikes. It has a specific application procedure that needs to be followed, most notably air temperatures under 85° and no exposure to sun or rain for 12 hours while it cures. It goes on like wax and the best price I could find on it was at MyPilotStore.com. At first I only used it on frontal surfaces, but after discovering that it seems to repel dust I started using it on all non-porous surfaces of the bike (paint, windshield, chrome, forks, even wheels).

Last edited by iclick; 07-04-2009 at 09:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Jimaik (10-10-2017)
Old 07-04-2009, 05:25 PM
cav1429
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this suff is grate it"s made by pro Honda it"s called ( spray & polish ) sray it on everything wet off with clean mico rug bike come out better then new you can get it at any honda or kawasaki dealer. $ 12.00

Old 07-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Hammer107
Road Master

Rejex can be found on Ebay too if anyone is interested.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:18 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Monstermile
I use a spray-on/wash-off cleaner called RENEW. I don't know if it can be found everywhere. It seems to work fine for me, and the spray bottle says it is also a
SALT NEUTRALIZER....what ever that means.

Old 07-04-2009, 07:28 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I found Rejex on ebay, and their website also says available at True Value Hdwe...Might have to give it a try...
Just did a search on ebay for Rejex...

Joe

Old 07-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Mikind7
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Dr Mechanico works well for me..

Old 07-04-2009, 07:53 PM
AUSTEX RKC
Advanced

S100 Total Cycle Cleaner works great.

http://www.s100.com/s100_tcc.htm

Old 07-04-2009, 08:08 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Mr Clean cleaning system, at Wal Mart for about 20 bucks. Works great on black wrinkle finish engines.

Old 07-04-2009, 08:23 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,969 Likes on 1,718 Posts

Originally Posted by themensh
I use a spray-on/wash-off cleaner called RENEW. I don't know if it can be found everywhere. It seems to work fine for me, and the spray bottle says it is also a
SALT NEUTRALIZER....what ever that means.
We sell Renew, good stuff

Quick Reply: Best spray on - rinse off cleaner???