Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP! Alarm flashes, doesn't recognize my key fob.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 09:15 AM
littleBlackie
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still interested in 2014

Originally Posted by Sparky73
You're about 3 years late to this discussion...
Who cares how many years have passed? It is 2014 and I'm just now having trouble with my key fob for my 07 Sportster XL50! Searching the forums for help, and I will try all these tricks I found in this thread as soon as I get home.

Old 08-07-2014, 09:58 AM
dlwilson72
Cruiser
Received 69 Likes on 19 Posts

I usually thump mine against my let or something else hard. Has always worked for me

Old 04-28-2015, 07:46 PM
kccadmac
Stage II
Default try turning the battery over

My battery was upside down. Prob not the same issue for you but thought I'd throw it out there.

Cheers.

KC

Old 07-14-2015, 10:35 PM
DETECH
Stage I
Wink Fob doesn't work

I have a 2008 Rocker and had a similar problem. I thought I killed it by removing the battery for a couple of weeks and maybe the bike may have lost its brains and thus the fob didn't work. After many tries and internet searches a light bulb went off and I decided to check the connections on the battery. I had knocked off the connection to the security system antenna. It's a little plastic box about 2"x3/4"x 3/4" just ahead of the battery. The connection is real easy to unplug accidentally. Now all is good!

Old 07-14-2015, 11:59 PM
Mr. Mike
Road Captain
Received 326 Likes on 147 Posts

After seeing Sparky's post I'm glad I didn't

Old 12-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Wanda
Stage I
Default Bypassing the alarm system

After trying all the solutions mentioned, I tried the reset code of 31313. IT WORKED! I love this forum and all the people that have great answers. Thanks everybody, I'm on the road again!

Old 12-24-2017, 11:26 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

great. now reset it to something else and remember it/write it on your wallet card.

Old 12-24-2017, 01:08 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
great. now reset it to something else and remember it/write it on your wallet card.

I would suggest that anyone with security does this, if you haven't done so already. Also, the button press sequence is not the same for all years.

I guess sometimes it is worthwhile waking up 8 year old threads

Old 12-25-2017, 07:32 AM
btsom
Grand HDF Member
Received 629 Likes on 455 Posts

There are no statistics, but it sure seems as though the security system has locked out more OWNERS than it has ever prevented thefts. The ignition lock will stop the casual joy rider thefts but the pros will get your bike in seconds, take it where they want it and work on the security at their leisure or just strip what they want to sell. Flashing lights won't call you out of a cafe unless you can see your bike from where you are sitting. A notification to your cell phone would be a better alarm scheme. The security system as it comes from the factory sure seems to be a solution in search of a problem.

Old 12-25-2017, 10:53 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

Originally Posted by btsom
There are no statistics, but it sure seems as though the security system has locked out more OWNERS than it has ever prevented thefts. The ignition lock will stop the casual joy rider thefts but the pros will get your bike in seconds, take it where they want it and work on the security at their leisure or just strip what they want to sell. Flashing lights won't call you out of a cafe unless you can see your bike from where you are sitting. A notification to your cell phone would be a better alarm scheme. The security system as it comes from the factory sure seems to be a solution in search of a problem.
you're right, there are no statistics. there is no way to know how many people have not had their bike stolen because the thief couldn't start it and moved on to the next one. it's not like he's going to leave a note to let you know. the determined thief is going to get it no matter what. but why make it easier for the 'casual joy rider thief'?

the only reason that owners have problems with the system is because they don't bother to read the owner's manual and learn how to use the system. you have to learn how to start the bike, how to use the hand controls, etc. but they completely skip over the security. then when they forget their fob in the garage, lose it, or the battery dies, they bitch about having to call the wife and bring them a fob.

there are very, very few posts about the security system that are actual problems with the security, but more an owner induced problem. i personally like the system, and in 11 years and 5 bikes with it (between the wife and i) have had 0 problems with it.

Last edited by skratch; 12-25-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP! Alarm flashes, doesn't recognize my key fob.