Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 12:08 PM
FLHGLIDE
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ

Just wanted to give a little FAQ on installing the Smart Security TSSM as I've had a few people contact me since I've posted my question and the forum doesn't already have a clear cut FAQ.

Picture of Security System with FOB. The Security System module is also known as a TSSM.

The install replaces the stock TSSM without the Security feature. First remove the left side cover and disconnect the large 40AMP fuse. The TSSM is found under right side cover on the 09 FLHX. Simply unplug the module that looks the same as the new one and plug the new one in. The new one comes with a antenna module for the Key-less FOB. Simply route that up under the seat. Remove the seat, in front of the ECM (between tank and ECM) there is a tiny tongue that the antenna module slips into for a stock location fit. You are done with the physical install, reinstall fuse.

The part that gets the most confusion is remarrying the new TSSM so the bike will start after the new TSSM is plugged in. It's a very simple process that takes about 30 minutes and is best done with a stop watch as you have a very limited time to make the switch movements when the 10 minute intervals are up.

You can see the instructions here:

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s...yingnewTSM.jpg

After this is done, the bike will behave and start normally just like before but you are not done yet. The Key-less FOB is not married to the bike, so anyone can still start the bike. You will have to get your dealer to program in the FOB code so the bike knows you have it (most people will purchase an additional 2nd FOB as well and have that programmed at the same time). If anyone knows how to do this step on their own, please chime in as my dealer still charged me an hours work for this so it pretty much negated my self install.

Another add-on option is an alarm siren, so you hopefully know when people are messing with your bike. Many people install a Radio Shack Alarm, part# 273-079

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO5Au9xYlbU

You can follow the steps of an of the actual OEM Siren install here:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2662801-post1.html

For the Radio Shack install, look for the same plug and simply insert the red wire of the siren into brown hole of plug and black wire of siren into the green hole of plug. Do not cut the plug off, just insert the siren wires into plug holes and then secure them with tape so they don't come out. Use some double sided tape or Velcro to mount the siren. You could of course solder the connections if you are so inclined as well.

Hope the above helps future users!!!

Last edited by FLHGLIDE; 08-15-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 12:17 PM
backdoc_rider
Tourer

I followed this procedure and it worked just fine. My dealer wanted an hour and a half labor for the alarm install. I did it myself according to the above procedure then rode the bike to the dealer and bought a second fob and they programmed both of the fob's for under $20. I thought that was pretty fair.

I don't think there is any way around having them program the fobs. Not that I have been able to find and for the price, it was worth just having them do it.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:44 PM
jjr
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this proceedure work on the 09 FLHR?

Thanks

Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 AM
broziff
Tourer

did the install followed the instructions dealer still charged me half an hour labor to program one key fob and clear the codes. $40

Old 12-02-2009, 08:33 AM
jjr
Road Captain

The instructions from the HD site or ones that came with the unit? Also were you able to ride the bike afterinstalling the module?

What year bike?

Originally Posted by boneziff
did the install followed the instructions dealer still charged me half an hour labor to program one key fob and clear the codes. $40

Old 12-02-2009, 08:39 AM
PTAG
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjr
The instructions from the HD site or ones that came with the unit? Also were you able to ride the bike afterinstalling the module?

What year bike?
My dealer married the fobs to the bike for free. It only takes a few minutes.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:53 AM
VETERAN75
Road Warrior

Good info since I am thinking of adding the smart security too. Thanks for posting it.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
broziff
Tourer

The instructions from the kit are not detailed at all. And you wont find this in the service manual either. I belive its from the electrical diagnostics manual but I dont have one of those. I have a 2009 FLHP after removing the lighting module and replacing it with the security module your bike will start then quickly die. It will not run long enough to go anywhere until you follow this procedure. None of the insructions tell you that.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
broziff
Tourer

Iam refering to the table insructions at the top of this page after you install with the instructions that come with it you will need to follow the procedure above to reset the ECM or your bike wont run.

Old 02-21-2010, 12:46 AM
talhouni
2nd Gear

Can anyone tell me if i can pull out the TSSM from my 2006 Dyna FXDC and use it on my 2009 FLSTSB?

Quick Reply: Smart Security 68200-07 install FAQ