Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshild Replacment

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Tree Man
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshild Replacment

I have a 09 UC and I am looking for a replacement windshield. I have to look through the stock windshield. Not to bad if not raining but a pain in the *** when it is. Looking to replace with something I can look over but have good wind protection. Cee Bailey's SST replacement looks promising but looking for some input on what ever brand from you guys.
Thanks in advance.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:38 PM
Wilinfla
Tourer

Take a look at Long Ride Shields, they are a sponsor here. This is the 6 inch light smoke on my Street Glide. The price and service are great. I haven't ridden in the rain yet with it, but it has to be big improvement over the taller shield that I replaced.

Attached Thumbnails Windshild Replacment-widshield2-1.jpg   Windshild Replacment-widshield-1.jpg  
Old 09-19-2009, 06:44 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

best sheild I have had so far.

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/

Old 09-19-2009, 06:46 PM
slankard
Cruiser

I put a 9 inch Memphis Shades on my '07 Ultra. I now look over the wind shield not through it. The Memphis is almost twice as thick as the stock shield. It is a high quality product.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:06 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tree Man
I have a 09 UC and I am looking for a replacement windshield. I have to look through the stock windshield. Not to bad if not raining but a pain in the *** when it is. Looking to replace with something I can look over but have good wind protection. Cee Bailey's SST replacement looks promising but looking for some input on what ever brand from you guys.
Thanks in advance.
Save yourself some money and cut down the windshield that you have. Mark it, tape it and cut it on a band saw. Wet sand the edge.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:24 PM
BoomerBob
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by masterblaster
best sheild I have had so far.

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/
I plan on getting one of these. I've heard nothing but good things about it and the extra width. Hear the stereo better, less buffeting, etc.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:51 PM
ezriderpgh
Outstanding HDF Member

I have used many different shields on this bike and the LongRide Shield is the best of them, even better than Clearview which is pretty good.

Old 09-19-2009, 10:34 PM
LA Cox
Cruiser

I've heard great things about the Longview...plus they're a sponsor. I've got 2 Clearviews and love them...Quality is high...Customer Service is awesome!

Late,

Old 09-19-2009, 11:04 PM
IamZardoz
Tourer

Cee Bailey is just fine, I have bought two from them (both tinted ice blue but different heights) and also those yellow covers for my light bar. High quality, cheap price.

Old 09-20-2009, 02:08 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I have an 08 sg, Tree Man, the same fairing as yours. i bought the 10" windshield for the electraglide and it worked well for me. i'm sorta tall at 6'4", but i suggest before spending the money on a new windshield, take a piece of masking tape and run a strip of it on the windshield from the base to the top, in the center. mark the tape with a sharpee or magic marker in 1 inch increments. go for a ride and see where you want to look where it's comfortable to look over rather than through the shield. this will give you a free way to be able to determine the needed height for you. A couple of weeks ago, i got a LONGRIDE 10" windshield for my sg. It's medium gray tint, and with my bike being vivid black, man does it look sleek, and works great. the medium gray is light enough to be able to see through at night if you need to duck down behind it if it starts raining too. i look over it by about 2" and is perfect for me. Longride windshields is a sponsor here, and when i called them, i was able to talk with Matt, and he was very pleasant to deal with. The customer service was great, as i don't have an actual physical address as i live out in the middle of nowhere. so they even shipped it to me via priority mail to my p.o. box. The windshield was recieved without any scratches, or flaws of any kind, i mean, there were zero flaws at all. the flip in at the top of the windshield causes the air stream to go further up than a straight shield. I am very impressed with the quality, price, and especially their customer service with their product. try out the masking tape method of determining the height you want, by using the shield you've already got on your bike though. trust me, it's good advice.

Quick Reply: Windshild Replacment