Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Cycle Engineering Swing Arm Kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 12:19 PM
drcarter0734
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Custom Cycle Engineering Swing Arm Kit

I generally just read the forum but had to let everyone know my experience with this product. And I am not affliated with them, just a positive experience.

Background: I have had my bike for just over 2 years and have been battling rear steer since day one. When originally purchased the bike the front motor mount was toast causing major rear steer. When I had the shop replace (since it was in for a new tire) he suggested I change out the rear swingarm isolators. I wasn't going to pay them for that so I took his advice and filed it for later use. Just after that I added a stablizer kit and the bike seemed to ride fine.

About a month ago I was heading down the freeway about 65 and the bike was all over the place, handlebars in that all to familiar figure 8 pattern and me white knuckling the handlebars. Well I had had enough and started reserching the swing arm kits to get rid of this problem once and for all.

I decided to go with the CCE kit http://www.customcycleengineering.co...ndex&cPath=192 after getting a recommendation from a local indy shop.

This thing is a snap to put in. Broke the rear end down in 45 minutes. Once the bike was down to the swingarm I had noticable movement in the swingarm with the old bushings. Used a ball joint C-clamp tool to press out the old POS cleve-bloc bearing. Once I received my parts in was about an hour and a half to install. Fortunately the new bearings did not have to be pressed into my swingarm. They slide in with mild resistance. I did opt for the new pivot axle in my kit and did purchase new isolator bushings from the Stealer to complete of the parts list. Just after getting the swingarm secured but before the shocks and the rear tire I did a little test and it was rock solid.

The install couldn't have been any easier. Took the bike down the freeway in the same spot I had my last wobble experience and the bike handles flawlessly. I can't say enough good things about this product. It has finally cured my rear steer/wobble issue. At 90mph the bike runs true and straight. I couldn't be happier. Hope this helps anyone else on the fence about doing the upgrade.

A link with a step by step for switching them out
http://www.bikerrogue.com/Articles/T...armupgrade.htm

Old 06-09-2015, 09:44 PM
narrowglide
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Need a strong swingarm for my 99 fxdl. Can any one help