Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Built In Blind Spot Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 01:31 PM
StL Mike
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD Built In Blind Spot Mirrors

Has anyone bought/tried HD's mirrors with the built in blind spot mirrors. My peripheral vision sucks when I wear my Wiley-X glasses with the foam inserts. I thought that I would give them a try, but don't want to waste my money.
Mike

Old 09-29-2009, 07:24 AM
wonbyone
Intermediate

Yes. I like them. I also have the Wiley-X, but do not perceive any limitations to my peripheral vision, probably a difference in frame styles.
I first went to the extended height stems with the standard mirrors and they did not help significantly with the view. The mirrors you are referring to actually extend out an inch more than the standard mirrors. I have the right main mirror set to see directly behind me, and the left main mirror to see what is coming up to pass me. They look good too. Best regards, Bill

Old 09-29-2009, 07:54 AM
fireman54
Cruiser

I have 'em on my Ultra. Transferred them from my Sportster. Absolutely love them. I have no blind spots. And as wonbyone stated, they look good too. It will take a bit to get used to them.

Old 09-29-2009, 08:12 AM
Terrific Pacific
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have been thinking about a mirror change and this sounds like what I am looking for.
Anybody got a part number?
Thanks.....

Old 09-29-2009, 08:54 AM
wildeano
Tourer

Anyone know the part #, and how much.............. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails HD Built In Blind Spot Mirrors-tim-and-cindy-s-08-bike-trip-011.jpg  
Old 09-29-2009, 10:24 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Wildeano, I think they're referring to #92190-06.

They doesn't score as high on the bling gauge, but if you just want visibility you could use a stick-on mirror like this one. It costs only a buck or two and works well. I believe they even have some chrome ones available, too.

Last edited by iclick; 09-29-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:17 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know yer pain. Personally, I opted for different glasses. I can't stand the tunnel vision of most of the eyewear made for bikers, especially those with the foam around the edge of the view area. It really doesn't seem to help keep wind out that much, and having to turn my head excessively causes more problems than I care to mention.

Another thing I learned was that buying expensive riding eyewear doesn't make much sense to me either. I've lost more than I can count. I have a comfortable pair of inexpensive sunglasses that suits me fine, and I actually use a pair of DeWalt saftey glasses for night riding. I also like to carry an extra pair when making longer rides just in case they fly off and can't be retrieved or get destroyed upon landing/sliding down the highway. Just keep the nice expensive pair in the bag for walkin around at events so you look good to the ladies!

P.S. Please don't tell DeWalt that they actually make motorcycle accessories. I like the price as it is!

Last edited by CroK; 09-29-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM
wildeano
Tourer

Originally Posted by iclick
wildeano, i think they're referring to #92190-06.

They doesn't score as high on the bling gauge, but if you just want visibility you could use a stick-on mirror like this one. It costs only a buck or two and works well. I believe they even have some chrome ones available, too.

thanks i-click, i might just use the stick on type, trying to save a few pennys to have cams installed about january or so

Old 09-29-2009, 01:30 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

...... the little round stick-ons @ wallyworld work well w/stemmed mirrors

Old 09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One suggestion from an ex trucker...
People like to put those stickons on the outer rim of the mirror. This area is a part which you use constantly, so when placed there you lose vital viewing area. Truckers like to put them on the inner-lower area so they only block where you would normally see just the side of your own vehicle, where you lose no vital viewing area and still get good visiblity for objects you want to avoid. No offense intended to anyone who likes them on the outer area, just a suggestion.

Quick Reply: HD Built In Blind Spot Mirrors