Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True dual exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:57 AM
TruBluUltra
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: True dual exhaust system

LOL.....join the crowd? Not the reason I went with true duals. I'm running Flowmasters on my Cadillac Deville so "joining the crowd" isn't what it's about. I, this past weekend, put V&H True Duals on my Ultra....have SuperTrapps with 12 discs for mufflers. I did it for the sound that I was looking for and for the MUCH cleaner look that the duals provide. Yes it sounds much better, yes it (at this time....will do the dyno in 400 miles) runs better, and no my right thigh doesn't cook. I know for myself...all of this stuff I do isn't to join the crowd....it's to make a mass-produced bike my own.

Old 04-14-2006, 10:26 AM
twohats
Cruiser

I am running V&H duals with Python slip ons and STG 1 with SERT.I love the look and the sound,but since one dyno,my power range is real high Tq73.8 @3750 and 69.5 hp at 6200rpm's.Don't know if tech tuned wrong or not but going to get another tune somewhere else next week.I think it is the slip ons causing the loss.My .02

Old 04-14-2006, 10:53 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Just put Rinehart True Duals, Terry Components Terminal Velocity II, and HD Stage I air cleaner on my 2004 FLHTPI bone stock 88 inch EFI bike and, after about 250 miles, had the bike dynoed at the local HD store, Killer Creek HD in Roswell, GA.

The Killer Creek dyno typically gets 61 hp and 68 ft.lbs torque from stock 88 inch efi motors. And the Rinehart True Duals, Screamin Eagle Race Tuner, and Stage I air cleaner package usually shows about 72 hp and 79 ft lbs torque on their dyno. I mention these for comparison purposes because I did not have a base line dyno run on my bike before the mods and I was interested to see how the Terry Components product compared to the SERT.

Here are the results of the three dyno runs on my bike: Run 1: 72.67 hp/77.64 torque; Run 2: 73.36 hp/77.69 torque; and, Run 3: 74.04 hp/78.40 torque. The dyno confirmed the seat of the pants experience--the bike is much stronger with this package and sounds great (at least to my ear). The dyno results were achieved with the factory rev limit of 5500, not the 6200 that comes with the SERT, so there may be slightly more hp available.

As for picking the Rineharts, I loved the sound; but they came with an O2 bung to accept the Terminal Velocity II's O2 sensor; I didn't have to have a hole cut in the exhaust pipe and a bung nut welded to the exhaust pipe to accept the WEGO.

The precise hp and torque numbers are not crucial to me; it was more a question of how close was the TVII product to a SERT; for me the dyno numbers are essentially equivalent which is fine with me.

Direct Parts sells the TVII for $408 (retail list is $525) and many forumites could do the installation themselves. If you are considering true duals, the Rinehart TDs, TVII and Stage I is worthy of consideration IMHO.

Old 04-14-2006, 11:04 AM
Loch
Tourer

Any idea why your numbers slowly went up on each run on the dyno? Did you do anything between runs? TVII doesn’t need adjustments correct?

Old 04-15-2006, 01:40 AM
buckweet
Road Captain

ahh, im going with bassanni true dual's....me think's ? ... and wrap that puppy up good with heat tape !

works fer me

weet

Old 04-16-2006, 01:28 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I did nothing with the dyno runs and the TVII is not adjustable. Guessing, I think the TVII was simply "learning" to achieve the optimum AFR in the performance environment, i.e. ***** to the wall hard full throttle to revlimits.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:14 AM
Detour
Road Captain

The best advice is to look at and listen to as many as you can. I have the V&H Dresser Duals with V&H Ovals and love 'em. I've run V&H products for many years with no problems and the quality is awesome. Good luck and ride safe!

Kurt

Old 04-16-2006, 10:44 AM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 131 Posts

Well I've got to throw my .02 cents in , I went with the V&H's tru duals with Rush mufflers and 2 1/2" baffles, then installed the thunder monsters in the head pipes, man I can't beleive the tq. that this makes, the power is great and the sound is perfect.
Ok, now on to another way, helped install a set of Big Shot Tru Duals on my bestest freinds bike and the quality is awesome, it helped his bike alot, it's not been dynoed but I rode it before with the stock system with samson slipons and it was a dog, actually there was no race to him, after the pipe upgrade he can hang alot better, I can still get him but it takes some time now, his bike is carbed also, I'd say he picked up 8 hp and the same or more in tq with just the V&H's pipes.
I am a beleiver in V&H's for sure.
Sorry Terry and Mike.

Old 04-16-2006, 12:09 PM
lowleveldriver
Tourer

Terry1955, you sound like the Rhinehart guru. My question is, I have V&H headers and want to use the new Rhinehart slip ons; would that work? and what map would you use, V&H or Rhinehart?

Trey

Old 10-23-2007, 05:37 AM
myxcape
Cruiser
Default RE: True duel exhaust system

[sm=thanx.gif]

Quick Reply: True dual exhaust system