Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CB/Intercom Set Up

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 09:44 PM
FiremanKen
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CB/Intercom Set Up

Hi all,

Recently aquired a 05 Ultra, But have not recieved the owners manual. (just ordered one from dealer)

I just installed my headset and can not figure out how the CB works.

Once I turn the CB on it goes to SETUP mode, and from there all I can figure out is too set the squelch. I then go to change to radio and I am able too here fm radio fine, when I push the PTT button the radio stops, but I dont believe I am transmitting as I get no response. Also while listining to FM once in awhile the radio will stop, as if the CB traffic is going on, and all i get is a silent carrier thru my speakers.

Am I missing a step here in setting up the CB?

Also how does the intercom work, ie if my passanger and I both have the headsets on, and want to talk do I push the PTT button that I use for the CB? and if so what keeps my conversation to my passanger from going over the CB, I know this would be a no brainer if I had the manual, but iM getting a little impatient, and hoping someone can pass the info ion too me.

thanks in advance
Ken

Old 07-13-2006, 11:09 PM
ultrared
Cruiser
Default RE: CB/Intercom Set Up

Ken,

Hope I can answer some of your questions. The CB volume is independent of the stereo/intercom. Once you are in CB mode, you adjust your volume there. Also, you need to be aware of which position the speaker switch on the fairing is in. That gives you the option of where you want certain things coming out. Personally, I like mine in the middle position, which provides stereo through the fairing speakers and intercom/CB through the helmet speakers. I believe all the way forward provides all sound through the helmet, and all the way rear provides all through the fairing. (Don't quote me on that one, though...) As far as intercom, there is no PTT for that. It is voice activated, and the adjustment for that is found once you activate the intercom. You have to find a happy medium, so that road noise doesn't open the mic, but not sensitive enough that you need to yell to open it. Just play with it. Once you figure it out, it's pretty simple.

The CB range is not that far, either, so you need to play with your squelch, too. Now, when you key up to transmit on the CB, the radio volume will automatically lower during the transmission. Due to the low range, you might not get a response. Mine is maybe a mile, at best for TX, but I can RX several miles. As far as the dead sound you hear while listening to FM, it is probably a function of eithere the rocker switch or the CB volume. Try this...open the CB menu, and adjust the volume there. I'll bet it is set low. If not, put your rocker in the middle position.

Confusing, I know. But, once you figure out the trick to it, it is very simple. If you have any questoins, just PM me, and I'll be glad to help. Good luck.

-

Old 07-16-2006, 08:31 PM
HogWildRuby
6th Gear

On my 04' Ultra the intercom is set up for both VOX(voice activated) or PTT..In VOX you set the sensitivity for background noise..You can PTT at any time.
The 06's may be different though.

Old 07-16-2006, 11:39 PM
v2plus15
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nope, my 06 works that way too. I never could get the sensitivity set correctly so the wife and I just use the PTT now. When I need to use the CB though, we will have to go back to VOX or everybody else will hear our conversations too.[8D]