Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tweeter mounting - need pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:58 PM
RodeDawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tweeter mounting - need pics

Okay, on this '09 EGS I have a set of Memphis Tweeters I want to mount in the two unused instrument holes in the inner fairing. The tweeters are slightly smaller in diameter than the hole with hte blanks removed so I guess I'm modifying the plastic blanks I pulled from the inner fairing. Looks like I'm firing up the Dremel.

But before I do that I looked for previous posts with pictures. Everything I found already had the pictures removed. Does anyone have pictures showing how to mount these Memphis tweeters (modifying the plastic blanks or a different method)? I'm open to ideas and tips.

Thanks for the help.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Skip
Road Captain

I mounted the Polk tweeters on my 2005 EGS. The tweeters came with these little cup like things and could be surface mounted or inset with the cups. Don't know if Memphis has the little cups. Don't have pictures, but as I recall, the cups had 2 holes in the back - one in the middle for the mounting screw and one lower for the wiring to pass thru. You then mounted the cup and inserted the speaker pushing the wiring thru the bottom hole. Friction holds the tweeter in the cup. Not sure if this helps you any, but that is how the Polks mount. Maybe you can modify the stock plugs using this info. Good Luck!

Old 01-21-2010, 10:43 AM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Here you go!

What I did was move those two guages to the lower position to allow the tweeters a more direct shot at my ears. The tweeters are Alpine along with the Alpine head unit. I also have an ARC mini amp installed in the fairing.

Old 01-21-2010, 11:05 AM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 463 Likes on 359 Posts

Originally Posted by Skip
Proud parent of a US Army Infantry Sergeant (4th ID-Ft. Carson, CO)
........ Skip, would you please convey to your son how much we in Colorado Springs appreciate the service and sacrifice of the 4th ID @ the Fort. We feel for those guys every time they deploy & rejoice whenever they come home.
...... and thanks for your service in the 70's as well.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:55 PM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

looks grear R8RS, does it sound as good as it looks?

Old 01-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Skip
Road Captain

GroupW - Thanks for your thoughts and kind words. Part of the 4th is in Afghanistan now and the remainder deploy this summer. My son was one of the recent ones to come to Ft. Carson. He was at Ft. Hood when he returned from Iraq last March and went to Carson in July.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:07 PM
r8rs4lf
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by leohd
looks grear R8RS, does it sound as good as it looks?

It sounds great although I never heard a factory set up. When I first installed it, I thought it would be louder. It's loud enough to hear when cruising on the highway, crystal clear to be exact. I just didn't expect to have to turn the volume up to about 3/4 to get it to be loud. I've always had sound systems in all my vehicles and adding an amp always made a difference. I guess since this amp isn't as big as all my other amps, I shouldn't expect what I thought was going to happen.

Old 01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Skip
Road Captain

My setup with the Polk tweeters looks just like the Alpines that r8rs4lf used. I even moved the instruments as he did. I seem to get plenty of sound from my system using a Sony headunit, Polk Tweeters and Hogtune speakers.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:20 PM
CLASSICRYDER
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by r8rs4lf
Here you go!

What I did was move those two guages to the lower position to allow the tweeters a more direct shot at my ears. The tweeters are Alpine along with the Alpine head unit. I also have an ARC mini amp installed in the fairing.

nice set up!!

Old 01-21-2010, 05:56 PM
utlonghorns416
Road Master

I installed some in the gauge area to..

http://www.youtube.com/user/utlonghorns416

Last edited by utlonghorns416; 01-23-2010 at 02:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Tweeter mounting - need pics