Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cabbage Patch or Cackleberrys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:04 AM
hartk1
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cabbage Patch or Cackleberrys?

Heading to Daytona for bike week with a Toy Hauler. Which place is better to stay at, Cabbage Patch or Cackleberrys. I think they are right next to each other. We are planning on dry camping.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Never stayed at either as I'm 20 minutes from CP. I've seen Cackleberrys really dusty in the dry conditions, but we've been getting a wetter than normal winter so far.

Ride safe and have fun.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:12 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Havent been to Cackleberrys but I have been to the patch... the patch was a filthy mess when I was there 2 years ago... dirt and mud... porto pottys were nasty... the entire place was gross im my honest opinoin

Old 01-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Dennis Murawski
Cruiser

The last two years I camped at the Volusia County Fairground with the ABATE of Florida folks. I had a great time and would highly recommend it. Here's their site:

http://www.abateflorida.com/event_fi...10bikeweek.pdf

Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM
bamarider
Tourer

I stayed at Cackleberry's during Bikertoberfest. It was great. The camp was very clean and was not dirty or dusty at all. There are 2 brothers that own Cackleberry's and Cabbage Patch. If you call the Cackleberry's phone number it will be the owner you speak to. These guys could not have done a better job with what they have. I would stay there again if I ever decided to go. Now if you are tent camping shade is limited in Cackleberry's. So keep that in mine.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:10 PM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Either one is fun. Unless rains set in. The grounds flood and turn into a big mud pit. I have stayed at both of these. A nice spot we found last year was right off of Old Dixie Highway. The Holiday Travel Park.http://www.holidaytravelparkco-op.com.
This place does not have all of the activities or party atmosphere that takes place at the Patch or across the street at Cacklebery across the street but works. It is right off of I95. They do a great breakfast every morning, clean showers, facility etc.
Here are some additional sites. I have been to most of them. If you have any particular questions, send me a PM and I can answer for ya. These are just a few. The infield at the track is also nice. Keep in mind that most "travel parks" wont be as entertaining as Crazy Horse or Thunder Gulch. Much less expensive as well.
Like I said, give ma a shout if ya need some additional details.
http:///bikeweekreport.com/accommod.shtml

Old 01-30-2010, 07:30 AM
hartk1
Intermediate

Thanks for the advice.