Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jackpot vs Rinehart

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 11:10 AM
remerson
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jackpot vs Rinehart

Don't want to start a troll, But need some input.

I purchased a 09 RK and want to do the stage 1 upgrade. Talked to Fuelmoto and can't decide between a PC-V, AC , and Jackpot slipons or PC-V, AC and Rinehart slipons. Cost difference about $300?

I have heard the rineharts and like the sound. Never heard the Jackpots in person, but wonder if the rinehart is worth an additional 300?

Opinions?

Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This is a question ONLY YOU can answer. You need to listen to each and see what YOU like. What I or anyone else likes will not help you. Both are great IF you like how they sound.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:40 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

I would go with the Jackpots .. If truly not happy with them should be able to recover most of the money paid on them .. Personally I think the Jackpots sound great ..

Old 03-10-2010, 11:44 AM
WI Bob
Road Master

Agreed that the look and sound is a personal preference and both will get the job done.

You may want to ask Jamie if both perform the same. And how much it costs to change baffles in each if you want to go quieter or louder.

Old 03-10-2010, 11:46 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

No suggested opinions on Rineharts or Jackpots. However, I've purchased FuelMoto's Package which consists Rush Slash Downs with 2" baffles, AC and PCV. Very pleased with the outcome and sound. It's like Bolt-On and Go by yourself.

Good Luck,

Thorey

Old 03-10-2010, 11:52 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If you are just doing slip on's, whatever. If you were doing a full system I would say Rinehart for sure. I don't have any first hand experience with Jackpot slip ons but read a lot of good stuff about them.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:00 PM
madjimmax
Elite HDF Member

I would have to say Reinharts. I just put a set on my Roadking and I love them.

Old 03-10-2010, 12:19 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both are a good choice. The Jackpot dyno tuned pipes have a left and right muffler, different baffle in the left side, ensuring tq #s are kept up.

Old 03-10-2010, 02:37 PM
remerson
Advanced

This is really a tough decision. I have looked around to see if I can find anyone close with the Jackpots to listen and get a first hand look at. Have seen and like the Rineharts and my other bike has V&H straight shots, so it is too loud.

Would like to order soon, but can't make up my mind.

Robb

Old 03-10-2010, 02:57 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Sound quality is subjective, but you will get a bit more performance out of the Jackpots because of their asymmetrical design. If you do find some Jackpots to listen to, be sure they're the new-generation model, which has been out <1 yr. and sound quite different compared to the old. I personally like the sound quality of the new type, and the construction quality is excellent. If you want black or polished tips you can also get these for the JP's ($150), as well as four different baffle types (quiet to loud).

You might ask FM about the status of Reinhart, as I heard from a reliable source a few months ago that Bub's was no longer going to manufacture them. I don't know if they are being made elsewhere or stopped production, but I would want to know before shelling out that kind of money. Ask FM, as they will know, and if there is a production issue that would affect the product in the future they would undoubtedly tell you prior to purchase.

Quick Reply: jackpot vs Rinehart