Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: For a '08 FLHTC / no amp
Hogtunes Speaker 902.2-AA + Hogtunes HF-1 Tweeter Pod
45.28%
J&M Speakers HCUS-06 + Hogtunes HF-1 Tweeter Pod
54.72%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Speaker poll ..help me decide 8]

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 09:56 AM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by acchd
Arc amp & Focal speakers rock

Originally Posted by langhammx
You got that right... Doesn't get any better...

I'll take that bet !!!

Go to a " Bike Week " near you, and compare the diferences first hand , at the vendor's booths !!! That is the best way to decide.

Last edited by GLACIERPEARL; 05-16-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Marine Trader
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Poll

Originally Posted by cybermunster
Bike is a 2008 FLHTC/stock HK headunit, not buying additional amp.
Currently running Infinity 2-way speakers. they sound better that the stockers, I'm looking for a bit more volume at higher speeds without distortion, nothing really fancy just clear, crisp music.

Narrowed the search down to:

>Hog Tunes front speakers & tweeter pod.
OR
>J&M front replacement speakers (not the 7s) & the Hogtune Pod.

What do you "stereo gurus" think? Let me know ...thanks!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think they get it cybermunster, It dosen't matter how many times I read your question I don't see where you have asked for people to brag about their systems. $hit their way or no way!!! my 2 cents.
Sense you are asking to compare the Hog Tunes to the J&M 6's, and not the 7.25's I would say the Hog Tunes.
Come on and ask to compare the 7.25's to the Hog Tunes.

Old 05-16-2010, 01:04 PM
langhammx
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Marine Trader
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think they get it cybermunster, It dosen't matter how many times I read your question I don't see where you have asked for people to brag about their systems. $hit their way or no way!!! my 2 cents.
Sense you are asking to compare the Hog Tunes to the J&M 6's, and not the 7.25's I would say the Hog Tunes.
Come on and ask to compare the 7.25's to the Hog Tunes.
I did it one step at a time too. Wasted alot of money with that approach. Trying to help someone save some money on speakers with "FORUM" hype on them. J&M speakers are a good replacement speaker, that's about it. I wouldn't even waste my time with "HOGTUNES" junk. I have heard about every speaker out there that will fit in a fairing, with and without an amp. To each there own on speaker choice. Some will be happy with the stock set-up and some will never be happy. JMHO Been around the car stereo biz since '82, I think I know what I'm talking about. Cheap speakers are just that, CHEAP. Most popular speakers on this forum, won't handle ANY bass at all, and if pushed will blow out the speaker. I am willing to bet that the majority (I'm being nice), don't even know how to properly set-up the gain controls and EQ levels to keep their speakers from imploding.

** side note- Cybermunster is asking for the "stereo gurus" opinion ??? ANY stereo guru is NOT going to have a system w/o an amp pushing the speakers.

Last edited by langhammx; 05-16-2010 at 01:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM
langhammx
Road Captain
Default focal

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
I'll take that bet !!!

Go to a " Bike Week " near you, and compare the diferences first hand , at the vendor's booths !!! That is the best way to decide.
Bring it on. I've heard the speakers that you are using. They are a great sounding speaker, but not quite the bass as the focals. JMO

Old 05-16-2010, 06:45 PM
GLACIERPEARL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by langhammx
Bring it on. I've heard the speakers that you are using. They are a great sounding speaker, but not quite the bass as the focals. JMO
I use the 4 Pioneer 6X9's in the hard bags for base !!

The 6 1/2 " Boston Accoustics & the 5 1/4 Rockfords are for the mids & highs, pushed by 2 of the Alpine 600 watt amps. How much we bettin' ??

Seriously,...let your ears & wallet be your guide !

Audio opinios are the same as tire, pipes, cams or anything else. That's why there are so many choices. The important thing is that YOU are happy with it ..

Last edited by GLACIERPEARL; 05-16-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:10 PM
langhammx
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
I use the 4 Pioneer 6X9's in the hard bags for base !!

The 6 1/2 " Boston Accoustics & the 5 1/4 Rockfords are for the mids & highs, pushed by 2 of the Alpine 600 watt amps. How much we bettin' ??

Seriously,...let your ears & wallet be your guide !

Audio opinios are the same as tire, pipes, cams or anything else. That's why there are so many choices. The important thing is that YOU are happy with it ..
Apples to oranges. My 2-speaker (fairing mount ), against your 2-speaker (fairing mount) and we got a deal.
I've got a 1600w stereo in my truck, that is up to par with your bike though... LOL
I have a couple guys, I ride with that have seperates in. their bikes with multiple amps, woofers, etc. Their chicks have no place for their purse and after 70mph, their stereo doesn't sound much different than mine. Nice when the bike is just sitting there, but I ride more than I sit, with my stereo playing. I was tempted to get all stupid with mine too, I just can't justify it with myself. Too many other hobbies. LOL ...

Last edited by langhammx; 05-16-2010 at 07:14 PM.