Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long Ride Shields

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
chris
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long Ride Shields

I ordered a 9 inch Ultra Flip on Friday afternoon. I got it today (Wednesday). It fit perfectly and has no flaws. I took it for a ride today and had no buffeting. So far it is my favorite shield. I know some other forum members have been posting complaints about the company. I thought that I'd post a positive comment for their shields.

Old 05-26-2010, 05:29 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior

pictures????

Old 05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
V2Evo96
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris
I ordered a 9 inch Ultra Flip on Friday afternoon. I got it today (Wednesday). It fit perfectly and has no flaws. I took it for a ride today and had no buffeting. So far it is my favorite shield. I know some other forum members have been posting complaints about the company. I thought that I'd post a positive comment for their shields.
Yep I'll back that up. I have had excellent results with LRS and two guys I know ordered a flip and a X-Stream a few weeks ago on line. Shipment was prompt and shields and fitment good. All sent to Australia at minimal shipping costs as well..

All good!

Old 05-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordered a 8" ultra Tuesday, they shiped it the same day. Should be here by Friday. Can't wait.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:44 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seems to me, having read a few recent posts, that LRS was in a bit of a transition in terms of who was/is doing what. It's not a mega company and I think we all need to be somewhat patient and not expect them to respond like, say Amazon might. Also, for cripes sake, pick up the phone!

Old 05-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Keener
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default quick question for you LRS Guys

Would you think a 8" LRS shield would throw wind like a 10" stock shield?

I have a 8" stock now and love the height. When I am cruising on the Interstate at 80, I get helmet buffeting. I want the 8" height, with no helmet bobble.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:48 PM
anickel
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Ordered an 8" ultra Flip medium tint on Sat. of Memorial Day weekend and recieved it today. Pulled it out of box and test fit it before removing protective plastic. Fit was good, quality was good, and tint looks great. Time for a test ride.....I'm 5'10" w/a 32" inseam and it does everything my stock 12" did for me. I ordered on line and paid w/paypal and recieved my 5% discount for being a forum member. Very satisfied customer. So here are some pics before and after.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:03 AM
UltraPoppy
Cruiser

Long Ride Shields website is down. Are they still in business?
http://www.longrideshields.com/
I clicked on the link in the sponsors listings,

Did a search and came up with this.
http://harleyshields.com/index.html

Looks like they are still in business, just that there domain address changed

Old 06-15-2010, 08:13 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

I ordered the same shield and it works great. Mine did have three flaws, but they are very small and I can't see them while riding so I didn't send it back. I was a bit peeved at that since the documentaiton that came with the shield said it should have no flaws, but I love the look and performance so I'm OK with it. Shipping was fast and the price was very reasonable - I think I got mine when they had their $10 off sale. I hated the stock shield because the top would get in my line of sight when turning - the 9" is perfect for me at 6'2" on the stock seat.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:27 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,841 Likes on 21,488 Posts

I ordered 2 of 9 inch medium regular recurves or the classic shields as I guess they call them these days and can tell you that it was a major improvment over the 6.5 KW that I had on my SG which I think is way over rated and way over priced. No issues with LRS and I will deal with them again I'm sure.