Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Super Reduced Reach Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 03:19 PM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After 1,000 miles on the Super Reduced seat, I am very satisfied with my purchase. It is a tad snug in the crotch, but that keeps me from slouching and butt burn. It is much easier for me to back up the bike and manuever at slow speeds, especially when riding double. The safety factor far out-weighs the comfort/appearance issues. I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam. I also prefer to look thru my windshield, not over it.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Elgin47
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the review/opinion, appreciate you taking the time to do it - I have one on order for my FLHTC, should be here around the end of the month.

Already replaced the stock seat with a Mustang Vintage Solo/backrest that has been reworked by MCC and lowered some, so far I like it but comparing it to the SRR will be interesting.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 AM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered one for my 2010 FLHX. I initially tried lowering the bike 1", but found I was scraping all the time, so I put it back to stock height. I've been riding on the standard reach seat for about a year. While it does help a lot with getting me to where I need to be, I still feel I need more control in situations like backing the bike up, or maneuvering in a gravel parking lot. I'm 5'-6" with a 29" inseam. As far as comfort, I don't find the standard reach seat terribly uncomfortable. I've done a few 400+ mile day trips and it did just fine.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:13 AM
spider14043
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Super reach is a nut buster for me...5'8"...30" inseam...

Old 09-26-2010, 03:53 PM
harley0711
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 80 Posts

I am also a short rider and NOT 10 years old, lol.... 60 and 5'6" and short legs (28" inseam). Back in 03 I wanted to see if I could handle the bagger with the wife on - rented one for 10 days and road all over AZ and NV, bought ours in 04 and rode over to Hollister CA and talked to Corbin - they have a Ride in appoitment that you arrive at 0800 and work with the builder - he takes most of the day working with you and your passanger and by the end of the day the seat it built and off you go with a trully custom seat. When I fist got the bike, I lowered it front and back - the ride was just to rough for the wife - went back to stock height and new "Works" shocks" I have been riding that FLHTCI now since Feb 04 - just rolled over 50,000 miles and we have now riden in all 50 states. I challange any rider to be shorter than me in the inseam. I run a 8.5" shield and can see over it just fine - safety factor is also fine. I get help with Redwing boots.
Yes, I have dropped the bike twice and No, I can not lift it by my self. both times, my fault - parking lot problems. I am flat footed but it is straight down.

I agree with above posters - if a seat has to be lowerd where the rider can not see over the dash - theres a problem.

To the long legger rider - I will change with you ANY day friend... Not sure where you live but if you can get to Hollister - they will build you a seat that fits YOUR butt and it will fit like a glove.

Corbin is a Love it or hate it seat... I love mine.. Wife and I did our longes ride to date - this year - 7400 miles and 28 states - www.rfrw.org then the LONG way home. The Corbin seat was a life saver

Old 09-26-2010, 05:19 PM
rtrans
6th Gear

I tried it at the dealer, very uncomfortable. the front of the seat it not friendly to the jewels.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:18 PM
Elgin47
Cruiser

Just got mine today, took the Mustang solo w/backrest off and installed the SRR with a Utopia backrest. Haven't had a chance to ride yet, but sitting on the bike I'm lower than the Mustang and WAY lower than the stock seat. Both the SRR and the Mustang are much narrower and thinner in the front neck than the stock seat, and that's a big deal for a short-coupled ol' boy like me.

I can flat-foot with both the SRR and Mustang, but again the SRR is slightly lower and flat-footeder (clever new word) than the Mustang.

I'll have a chance to ride it for a little over a hundred miles Wednesday and FWIW will give some feedback then.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:03 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

For the ones using the Super Reach seat, your passenger better not be tall cause the difference in height between the driver and the passenger is huge. If she is tall, this seat makes her look like she's sitting on your shoulders and she gets no wind protection from you whatsoever.
I've yet to find a Touring seat for tall passenger. All seat mfg seem to be addressing driver comfort only.

Last edited by frenchbiker; 09-28-2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old 09-28-2010, 07:12 AM
neversatisfied
Cruiser

I would also like a new seat but would like to try more than one. Are dealers open to the idea of letting you "test ride" different seats to see which fits you best? I dont want to pay for a SRR when I should have bought the Reach.....

I am 5'10" w/32 IS but want a little more control at stop.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:19 AM
Jtsantes
Cruiser

Originally Posted by neversatisfied
I would also like a new seat but would like to try more than one. Are dealers open to the idea of letting you "test ride" different seats to see which fits you best? I dont want to pay for a SRR when I should have bought the Reach.....

I am 5'10" w/32 IS but want a little more control at stop.
My local dealer put a SRR seat on my Ultra Limited and let me ride around. Most dealers with the seat in stock will allow that unless it is promised for someone. I'm 5'9" w/29 and found that seat too confining. At one time tried the standard reach seat on a lowered ultra and that was the best combination. I've since just had my existing seat reworked by MCC and all is well now.

Quick Reply: Super Reduced Reach Seat