Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer week at Sturgis

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 06:26 PM
DavidPhillips
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Oh boy, here we go with mine's bigger than yours again! How about it guys, can you tell us again for the 1,000,000th time how many vehicles you have, how many miles you ride and how you are SO much better than everyone else?

Is that Traub yours? I have seen it at Maggie Valley. Very cool bike.

Old 11-13-2015, 06:33 PM
DavidPhillips
6th Gear

Originally Posted by mike5511
What is wrong with folks that worry about what other people do??????? (Just got back from a 4000 mile trip out west and rode all the way, but have trailered before and will do so again if I feel like it.) P.S. riding across Kansas sucks, doing so in late July really SUCKS!!! Coming back across Nebraska on I-80 yesterday, temps in the high 90s, wasn't much better either!
Nebraska 2 is nice if you like country roads. Intersect with 385 after coming across. Interstates are never fun but if your out of time their fast. I try not to use them at all, nothing like 7000 miles of US Routes and backroads to see the sites along the way.

Old 11-13-2015, 07:07 PM
DavidPhillips
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Melman
Hey David Phillips: Your new to this forum and this is how you want to start. I would recommend your next post be about what type of oil to use and why your oil is the best!
Thanks Melman

I forgot my username so I made this one. I have figured it out now looking at old emails.

Not trying to raise old threads, actually didn't look at the dates before posting. This is a great thread although a controversial one. I like to see people riding at Sturgis and ride all of the roads with them. I just don't have a lot of time so I usually make one big bike trip a year. 30 to 35 years ago the wife could handle it but now I don't think she could handle it either way. I have hauled the fifth wheel around for 70,000 miles working so it does not seem like a vacation. Nothing compares with the bike trip.

If you have a single destination the trailer would make sense, not the way I roll. Usually 3 or four days in Sturgis on the trip is enough for me and then I'm off on the rest of the trip.

I think a post in the famous 'What transmission oil do you use' thread would get lost.

I have always used Harley oil in my bikes, except the Honda back in the 70's. It's the best because I get my oil changed every 5000 miles on the road at the Harley shop. They always have it. Syn3 x 3.

-ironheaddave