Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question for Streetgilde riders.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:57 PM
Big Jon 1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Streetgilde riders.

I am considering buying a new Streetglide and was wondering how the ride is compared to say an Electraglide. I know the rear suspension is lowered an inch and was wondering if the bumps hurt more than with the regular length suspension on an Electraglide. I love the look of the street glide, but I don't want a harsh ride. What are your oppinions? Does a Streetglide ride good or not? Thanks.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
Default SG or EG

Originally Posted by Big Jon 1
I am considering buying a new Streetglide and was wondering how the ride is compared to say an Electraglide. I know the rear suspension is lowered an inch and was wondering if the bumps hurt more than with the regular length suspension on an Electraglide. I love the look of the street glide, but I don't want a harsh ride. What are your oppinions? Does a Streetglide ride good or not? Thanks.

Without going off on a lengthy post I'd say go to a dealer and ask him to allow you to drive a SG and an EG that your ready to buy....

Personally I love the SG look and feel. The EG to me feels like I'm sitting IN IT and the SG feels like I'm riding ON IT....

I like to be on it than in it. BUT THATS JUST ME! Good luck!

Old 08-09-2010, 04:07 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Without going off on a lengthy post I'll just say I put some take off Ultra shocks on my Street Glide and couldn't be happier with the ride right now.
I bought the take off shocks at my local dealer when an Ultra owner wanted to lower his bike.

Several Ultra owners on here will trade you even up for your Street Glide shocks.

Buy the bike you want, you can change the shocks.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:25 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like the ride of my 2010 Street Glide.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:58 PM
r.i. streetglide
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Without going off on a lengthy post I'll just say I put some take off Ultra shocks on my Street Glide and couldn't be happier with the ride right now.
I bought the take off shocks at my local dealer when an Ultra owner wanted to lower his bike.

Several Ultra owners on here will trade you even up for your Street Glide shocks.

Buy the bike you want, you can change the shocks.
thats what i did with my 07 the ride is like night and day rides like a cady now

Old 08-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Len
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't riddent the ULTRA, but, hear the ride is great!
Still, I love the look and fee of my SG . .

@Texas Fat Boy: great idea re swapping shocks - hadn't thought about that or knew it could be done!

Something I will definitely check into!

-Len 06 SG

Old 08-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Big Jon 1
Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. I guess I will have to test drive them both to compare. Personally I think my Fat Bob can be pretty rough at times so I'm hoping it will be a little plusher than that. I wan't to get into a bagger but still have a cool looking bike and the Streetglide does that for me. I'd still be interested in hearing from people who ride these with the stock shocks, good or bad. I'm 6'0 tall and weigh 230 lbs. and my wife will only ride once in a great while.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:12 PM
rockymtman
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default street glide ride

I have an "08 SG and a '98 RK before that. I love the SG look and ride. That being said, the rear shocks leave a lot to be happy with. They do bottom out with a passenger, I am 6', 180 lbs. wife is 5'8" about 140 lbs. It is the only thing I would change on the bike after upgrading the speakers and exhaust. Other than that, it is a great ride.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:35 PM
kipd
Tourer

I had an 09 Ultra and now a 2010 SG, I prefer the SG, it just feels better and easier for me to control, like another said, i feel i ride on the SG and in the Ultra. I can tell you however my passengers do not agree with my choice. All of my passengers preferred the Ultra. lol

Old 08-09-2010, 06:48 PM
SciFiGuy
Road Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

Can't compare to an E Glide but did go from a Street Bob to the Street Glide and love the ride of the Street Glide.

I took advantage of a demo day at my local dealer and was able to demo all the bikes I was interested in. The E Glide was not on the list but before the demo's thought for sure it would be the Road King since I had always dreamed of one but after I rode the Street Glide I knew it must be mine. Even took the Street Glide out a second time just to make sure it was the bike for me.

Of course all of my riding on the Street Glide has been solo so I can't comment on the ride going two up.

When I first rode off on my new 09 I thought wow something feels different. Got home and checked the rear shocks and guess the dealer forgot to put any air in them during the dealer prep since they were at 0 psi. Pumped up the shocks and took another ride and have been smiling ever since.

Good luck on your quest.

Quick Reply: Question for Streetgilde riders.