Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Too short for your flh?

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't get flat footed on my SG. I did lower the front a bit. It was the bike I wanted and I didn't want to settle for a bike just because I can't get my feet flat on the ground. I rather make the bike fit me

Old 09-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Adk.IBO
One Of The Regulars
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Texas fatboy

Are you short? The original title to this post will get a short person's attention, with hopes of constructive solutions to the issue of MOCO and other manufacturers not building a bike that does not compromise handling and ride quality for long distance 2 up touring. To my chagrin it was like a poor salesman directing you to the product they think you should have instead of listening and becoming a problem solver to meet your needs and desires. And I get that we are a minority amongst the US male population and economically MOCO and other manufacturers cannot feasibly build what would work without compromise. On the plus side, in recent years, MOCO and other manufacturers have been making attempts to appease short statured people, mostly because of the increase in the female riding population. I'm OK with that. I've watched the sparks fly in my rearview mirror as the boards of a dresser (or other parts) scrape trying to keep up. Everone should ride their own ride. I would not spend thousands as was mentioned to get me to flat foot, but thats me. The original post was an unsolisited opinion from someone who is not short and therfore just don't get it. There's not a bike made (with my 28" inseam) that I won't ride for a bit by myself. Put my wife on the back and that changes things. She weighs a little more than me and I dare say if some of you six foot somethings 250 plus guys put a six foot something PLUS, 250 PLUS woman (that wiggles around) that you care for on the back, you'd want to be closer to flat footing too!!! If I had to ride a bike that I'd have to do 30mph in a corner I'm used to doing 60mph (with my wife), I probably would take the car. So, no softail for me. And up until the new frame change and advent of the reach seats I wasn't willing to shell out a premium for a bike that may/may not work (for me). I needed to see that it would work from the showroom or test ride. To many salesman that say "no problem, we can do this, this, and that" to inexperienced unsuspecting newbies. So, let them read, ride and learn to their hearts content, I did and do.
John

Old 09-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Adk.IBO
One Of The Regulars
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default metfancowboy

Now that's funny!!

Old 09-23-2010, 01:29 PM
BigAlsRK
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I wish I had read this post before I bought my 01 Police RK....that explains why I have to tip-toe when I back it up....I should have gotten a Vespa or something lower...oh well after the 87,000 miles I guess I am just used to it......

Old 09-23-2010, 01:52 PM
Ridin'withTheKing
One Of The Regulars
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am 47 years old, 5'6" tall, and not once in my life have I ever owned a bike I could "flat foot" on. Started with dirt bikes, then dual purpose bikes, then sport bikes. Why should my RKC be any different? I have lowered it one inch in the rear (and will do an inch in the front this winter) and reach seat, but even at that I know it still won't be low enough for me to set my heals on the asphalt. I don't care. I ride the crap outta this thing, and always will. I could have bought a Heritage, my girlfriend had one that fit me perfectly right out of the box, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I decided on either the RKC or a SG. Either one would require some work to fit me. I ended up on the RKC and wouldn't change my choice for anything. If I want to be flat footed, I'll drive my truck.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

it always amuses me when someone posts something this phucking stupid

Old 09-23-2010, 03:29 PM
silverbullitt
Road Captain

I'm with Texas Fat Boy, why am I reading this? I am stupider now than I was 10 minutes ago.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:36 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy View Post
Why am I reading this thread?
Best response I've read yet...... And the urinal, junk checker outer was a close second.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:40 PM
jiggs57

I'm 5'5". Something tells me that I won't be complaining when I buy my 2011 FLTRX with powerpack and a set of Yaffe Bars. Perhaps I'll have to buy a Corbin Solo Close, or maybe on of the harley Reduced Reach seats. I'd bet my left ******** that the OP bought a new seat for his bike. Even if it wasn't to get closer to the bars/ground...you still spent the same amount of money on a seat as I will.

I'm Jiggs57 and I approve this message.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dammit once again I just lost 3 minutes of my life that I will never get back!

Chit I'm 5' 11" and with my Mustang sofa on my EGC if it wasn't for my boots I wouldn't be flat footed when stationary.

Guess the OP didn't get any the night before. Silly NDBF!!!

Sorry that's Needle Richard Bug Fugger.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Too short for your flh?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: