Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help install front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 06:15 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Help install front bumper

This might sound dumb, but I have a question regarding installing a front bumper on a 09 flht. I picked up the bumper at my local HD, but there is no instructions. My question is about the metal tabs that go between the bolts and the front fender (you bend over the ends), if when using a bumper if they go underneath the bumper rail or over it. Basically do they still connect with the bolts? It looks as though if you put them over the bumper so that they are between the bolts and the bumper rail that the metal tabs would be uneven as the front bolts would have the bumper rail against the fender and the rear bolts would be directly against the fender. Anyone with an ultra or classic if you could check i would appreciate it.

thanks!

Old 09-28-2010, 06:21 PM
Toe Knee
Road Master
Received 87 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
This might sound dumb, but I have a question regarding installing a front bumper on a 09 flht. I picked up the bumper at my local HD, but there is no instructions. My question is about the metal tabs that go between the bolts and the front fender (you bend over the ends), if when using a bumper if they go underneath the bumper rail or over it. Basically do they still connect with the bolts? It looks as though if you put them over the bumper so that they are between the bolts and the bumper rail that the metal tabs would be uneven as the front bolts would have the bumper rail against the fender and the rear bolts would be directly against the fender. Anyone with an ultra or classic if you could check i would appreciate it.

thanks!
I just took mine off and I believe you just take the bolts out, put the fender rail on and then put the bolts right back on. It's pouring here or I'd go check.

too bad you bought one. I was just going to post mine for sale.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,969 Likes on 1,718 Posts

The lock tab goes on top of the bumper rails and directly under the bolts. This way they will still be able to bend over the edges of the bolts to lock them.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:02 PM
PowerFactor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's way easier if you drop out the front wheel, too. You don't have to, but that's what I did.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:38 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
The lock tab goes on top of the bumper rails and directly under the bolts. This way they will still be able to bend over the edges of the bolts to lock them.
Thanks, looks like I did it wrong.