Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPod Interface Module HELP!! Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 08:31 PM
ant46
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPod Interface Module HELP!! Please!!

Hey guys, need some help with an iPod interface install on a 2010 Street Glide. I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to the problem I'm having. One of the first things it tells you to do after mounting the module on top of your radio is to "locate the Audio Harness connector (6) near the back of the radio, and separate the six-way connector halves. The only thing I have is this, ONE end of the harness, not both. This was just hanging there by itself. I checked the color of the wires and they are the correct ones specified in the service manual. So my question is where the heck is the other side and is this even the correct connector or where the heck is the correct six way connector??? Anyone do this install and get it to work correctly? Thanks!!!

-ant

Attached Thumbnails iPod Interface Module HELP!! Please!!-close.jpg   iPod Interface Module HELP!! Please!!-far.jpg  
Old 10-21-2010, 08:35 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ant46
Hey guys, need some help with an iPod interface install on a 2010 Street Glide. I searched the forum but couldn't find an answer to the problem I'm having. One of the first things it tells you to do after mounting the module on top of your radio is to "locate the Audio Harness connector (6) near the back of the radio, and separate the six-way connector halves. The only thing I have is this, ONE end of the harness, not both. This was just hanging there by itself. I checked the color of the wires and they are the correct ones specified in the service manual. So my question is where the heck is the other side and is this even the correct connector or where the heck is the correct six way connector??? Anyone do this install and get it to work correctly? Thanks!!!

-ant
I installed one last week. Mine plugged right in to the existing connectors. My bike is an Ultra. Is it possible that you don't have the required wiring loom? I'll go get me directions and take a look. Seems like I remember something mentioning an additional wiring harness needed for some bikes. Your SG may fall into that category.

EDIT. The directions mention an "Additional part needed" connector kit part # 69200033

Last edited by sifularson; 10-21-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:39 PM
ant46
5th Gear

Originally Posted by sifularson
I installed one last week. Mine plugged right in to the existing connectors. My bike is an Ultra. Is it possible that you don't have the required wiring loom? I'll go get me directions and take a look. Seems like I remember something mentioning an additional wiring harness needed for some bikes. Your SG may fall into that category.
I needed connector kit part number 69200033 but this comes in way after where I'm stuck. I'm stuck at number 2 right after you mount the module. It's the absolute first thing you have to do, disconnect the six way connector halves. if you look in the picture you'll see one end of the orange 6-way connector. that's all i can find, it wasn't plugged into anything for me to unplug. it looks like i'm either missing one end of the connector or i can't find the one i need but i looked for so long that i don't think i could have missed it.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:09 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I needed connector kit part number 69200033 but this comes in way after where I'm stuck. I'm stuck at number 2 right after you mount the module. It's the absolute first thing you have to do, disconnect the six way connector halves. if you look in the picture you'll see one end of the orange 6-way connector. that's all i can find, it wasn't plugged into anything for me to unplug. it looks like i'm either missing one end of the connector or i can't find the one i need but i looked for so long that i don't think i could have missed it.
OK, I have a loom in my hand with a part #76477-10. I have an extra because I also installed the Navigation interface module and it came with the same loom that came with the iPod interface module. If I remember correctly, my 6 way plug had a male and female that I unhooked so I could install this loom. Sorry I can't be more help. I know it must be frustrating for you. Wish I was there to help. Here are a couple pictures of my install. They probably won't help but you never know.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:21 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He does not have the harness that plugs into the right side of the radio (looking at it from the back). At least that is how it looks in his picture. The Ultras come with that harness since it is for the cb, intercom, nav, etc....

Old 10-21-2010, 09:22 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

There is no other half. Just plug it in and roll on. I believe only Ultras have the other half

Old 10-21-2010, 09:27 PM
ant46
5th Gear

Originally Posted by sifularson
OK, I have a loom in my hand with a part #76477-10. I have an extra because I also installed the Navigation interface module and it came with the same loom that came with the iPod interface module. If I remember correctly, my 6 way plug had a male and female that I unhooked so I could install this loom. Sorry I can't be more help. I know it must be frustrating for you. Wish I was there to help. Here are a couple pictures of my install. They probably won't help but you never know.

Exactly I only have the male end not the female and you need both. Thanks for trying to help. Really appreciate it.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain

Exactly I only have the male end not the female and you need both. Thanks for trying to help. Really appreciate it.
You don't need both. I have the interface on my road glide. Plug it in to that one end, that's all you do. Trust me I went crazy looking for that other end before I finally asked a tech.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:29 PM
ant46
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Pc PaiN
There is no other half. Just plug it in and roll on. I believe only Ultras have the other half
No the harness that comes with The module plugs in-between both ends. That's the only way it will work.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain

Also the pictures above that bike has an ultra overlay harness, which supplies that other end.

Quick Reply: iPod Interface Module HELP!! Please!!